Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2021, 04:16 AM   #1
lovedj1
lovedj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Search results only show first result. How can I view successive results?

Hi. I love Calibre, I've been using it for some years now and it is a great tool. So thank you Kovid for creating and maintaining it.

I'm guessing it is me who doesn't know how to use this function properly but every time I run a search by keyword(s), Calibre only shows me 1 result (it takes me to (I assume) the first result that matches my search criteria. But how can I get a list of all the books that meet my search criteria? Or how can I move to the next result? I have been looking for this for a long time and haven't been able to find a way to do this yet.

Thanks
lovedj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:18 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You probably need to adjust these settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-30 200413.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	186860

The Show a quick toggle… setting will put a button on the search bar you can use to control the mode - Highlight or Filter, F3 and Shift+F3 traverse next and previous in the list when your in Highlight mode.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-30-2021 at 06:45 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2021, 07:53 AM   #3
lovedj1
lovedj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You probably need to adjust these settings

Attachment 186860

The Show a quick toggle… setting will put a button on the search bar you can use to control the mode - Highlight or Filter, F3 and Shift+F3 traverse next and previous in the list when your in Highlight mode.

BR
Thank you so much for this. This did it for me. After so many years, I can finally search books without having to manually scroll through all the results until I find the highlighted ones.
lovedj1 is offline   Reply With Quote