Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I usually go to the stock launcher before I shut down the KF and remove what I don't want on the carousel which is nothing else but books.

When I restart the KF, I usually go to Go Launcher Ex first more often than not.

I want to keep the carousel fairly clean and it probably doesn't matter if I don't but it has been a charm for me so far.
That's what I am doing right now. Removing 2000+ books. more like 2500 now. I think I'll stick to the stock launcher for now.

Oh this is kinda funny the scuff marks turned out to be.....DIRT!!! There is no peeling problem!
They just sent me a unit that needed some cleaning.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #47
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I never noticed those numbers in the top row until TODAY. I also never noticed those punctuation marks above the numbers until today.

On my Kindle Fire I have a Kindle Keyboard App which was just upgraded yesterday to version 2.3.4.

That upgrade may have given us the numbers and punctuation keys. It also may have bricked Blossom's Fire if it clashed with her non-Amazon Launcher.

Her problem may not have had anything to do with the Fire Firmware upgrade to version 6.2.2.

I leave my WiFi on all the time. Some do not. Thus, some may have received the Keyboard upgrade and some may not.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-25-2012 at 07:57 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #48
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm fairly sure those numbers have been there since at least 6.1.
I am certain that they were there from the beginning because I used them for my wi-fi password. I have always used the long press to enter the numbers because I hate switching between the character and alpha keyboard.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
I am certain that they were there from the beginning because I used them for my wi-fi password. I have always used the long press to enter the numbers because I hate switching between the character and alpha keyboard.
Yes they were which is why I must of installed something to break the keyboard. I always did fine mine a little temperamental. The new one works great! I could type a chapter with it.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #50
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes they were which is why I must of installed something to break the keyboard. I always did fine mine a little temperamental. The new one works great! I could type a chapter with it.
Glad to hear the crash had a positive outcome for you! Type away...
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Glad to hear the crash had a positive outcome for you! Type away...
Yes the replacement is faster, brighter screen and really responsive. I checked for th bleed issue some are having and nope it's good. It just needed a good cleaning.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #52
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Numbers present but did not show

Quote:
The numbers were always present with the long press. However, they never showed on the keyboard. I believe the puncutation symbols were also present if one did the long press on other keys.

None of them showed prior to the Keyboard App upgrade.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The numbers were always present with the long press. However, they never showed on the keyboard. I believe the puncutation symbols were also present if one did the long press on other keys.

None of them showed prior to the Keyboard App upgrade.
I thought that too till I googled Kindle Fire Keyboard and saw I was wrong at least what it was suspose to look like. I wish I kept a list of apps I had installed so I could figure out if one of them was the cause of my Keyboard issues.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #54
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Oh this is kinda funny the scuff marks turned out to be.....DIRT!!!

Quote:
I wish I kept a list of apps I had installed so I could figure out if one of them was the cause of my Keyboard issues.
I know that you've added/subtracted apps since then, but here are the self-installed apps that you had as of December 5th, as you listed in this post.

Mantano
ColorDict
GoodReads
TuneIn Pro
YouTube
Doggcatcher
Quick Office Pro
ES File Explorer
File Expert
WiFi Explorer Pro
Dropbox
WiFi Switch
Lock Screen
Screen Filter
History Eraser Pro
Enhanced Email
Calengoo
gReader
Channel Caster
Opera Mobile
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Rio
Gem Miner
Drag Racing
Airport Mania 2 HD
Bejewel 2

Hope that helps. I'm happy that your new Fire seems to be even better than the first!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #55
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Blossom, your "new" Fire is probably faster as you have less apps installed on it. My Fire is super sluggish now and is almost unbearable as I have too many apps installed and need a "spring cleaning"

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-26-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: type-o "need"
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Blossom, your "new" Fire is probably faster as you have less apps installed on it. My Fire is super sluggish now and is almost unbearable as I have too many apps installed and new a "spring cleaning"
Nope. My other fire was never as quick as this one or responsive. I now have the same apps with the exception of Go! and rotating wallpaper. My old Fire when I touch something had to think a couple of seconds this one it's like I touch something and it's done. Even Mantano never works so beautifully! The power button works great I don't have to use force like I did with the old one.

The only downside is battery life seems to be shorter but I can't confirm that till I use it a couple of days.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #57
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I think your old fire may have been a bunk one in general, Blossom. Mine is very responsive when I hit a button, no waiting at all. I have a lot of apps on mine too.

Shame on Amazon for not cleaning the fire before sending it out though, geez. lol. At least it wasn't scratched though.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Shame on Amazon for not cleaning the fire before sending it out though, geez. lol. At least it wasn't scratched though.
Yes being the germaphobe I am gave it a good cleaning when I realized it wasn't a new unit. My screen protectors will be here tommorow so we will see how they work with the Fire.

After losing a very expensive one when my first fire broke. I am just going to stick with the cheapies.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #59
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Yes being the germaphobe I am gave it a good cleaning when I realized it wasn't a new unit.
That would have been me too. I'd be washing it down. lol. I'm kinda surprised at Amazon letting them go out like that. Good luck with the screen protectors!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #60
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
That's what I am doing right now. Removing 2000+ books. more like 2500 now. I think I'll stick to the stock launcher for now.

Oh this is kinda funny the scuff marks turned out to be.....DIRT!!! There is no peeling problem!
They just sent me a unit that needed some cleaning.
2000+ books on the carousel? I'm surprised it holds that many. It may not have been the cause of the problem but I wouldn't do that.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote