Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #526
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@vlad59 & @le_

I can confirm the possible bug (regression).

It seems as if the lightbox (Magnific Popup) cannot be "nested". In version 4 of COPS it worked with Fancybox. Did not test COPS 5.

..... so it seems you have watched to many episodes of "The IT Crowd"
there should be one final episode later in 2013.
Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22449971
Looking forward to that!

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-28-2013 at 06:28 PM.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 AM   #527
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
i used cops 0.4.0 for a while and everything worked great.
Today I discovered that there is a new version of cops aviable (or even two).

I tried to install 0.6.0 and 0.5.0, but something seems to be wrong.

I followed the installation guide at https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology

But when I try to access the Web-Page there ist just an empty page.

Is there anything missing on my Synology DS? The PHP-Version is 5.3.24.
I'm using DSM 4.3-3750 on a DS413.
I installed COPS 0.6.0 on my Synology DS110j with DSM 4.2-2311 (latest for my Synology) and all works as expected (so far). The rendering of thumbnails is just so sloooowwwwww .......
I have PHP cache enabled (see screenshot below).

With the error you reported usually there is something "wrong" with your config_local.php (maybe just copied the old version? Make a new one )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-07-29 at 10.19.35 AM.png
Views:	312
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	108699  

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-29-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #528
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Hi. This is my first post.
Thank you for this great piece of software!

It runs fine on my Synology DS211j.
After the upgrade to v0.6 the Kindle 4 webbrowser is only showing a blank page, when I'm trying to access COPS. It loads and doesn't show an error message. I had no problems with previous versions of COPS.

I still can access the COPS website with webbrowsers from my other devices (Android, PC).

Is it related to the latest changes?
In the Kindle 4 settings is no option to delete the browser cache (only history and cookies), if this should be the cause.
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #529
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Mario

About The It Crowd, I knew about the new episode and I'm also waiting for it !

@fatzgenfatz, @le_

The issues you've reported are fixed on Github (issue with Portuguese and a general fix in case the language is not found, problem with lightbox).

@glimm

In fact I was almost sure something like that would happen with Kindle or Sony PRS-TX and was impressed that the browser of my Kobo handled it fine.

I'll fix that but it will be more complex. Sorry you'll have to go back to 0.5.0 until I find an acceptable fix.

Last edited by vlad59; 07-29-2013 at 10:07 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #530
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I'll fix that but it will be more complex. Sorry you'll have to go back to 0.5.0 until I find an acceptable fix.
I'm back to 0.5.0 and it's working again with the Kindle.

You don't need to hurry with the fix, I'm completely satisfied with the usability of this version. So I can wait.
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #531
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimm View Post
I'm back to 0.5.0 and it's working again with the Kindle.

You don't need to hurry with the fix, I'm completely satisfied with the usability of this version. So I can wait.
As expected the PRS-T2 also has this problem, I'll fix it cleanly (lots of work) so don't expect anything before the end of august.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #532
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Hi

This is great. Thanks for implementing it. How can I add password/security to it?

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #533
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
@vlad59: Thanks for the fix, everything works just great now!
@khahoon: Look at the .htaccess file that is in the zip-file.

f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #534
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.6.1

COPS 0.6.1 is out with bugfixes (First post to download) :

* Properly close the lightbox when clicking on a link. Reported by le_.
* Fix the book by languages list when the language is not found in the resources. Reported by le_.
* Fix the language string for Portuguese. Reported by le_.
* Add again the series Index in the book list. Reported by fatzgenfatz.

Beside that, COPS 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 does not work any more with Kindle and Sony PRS-Tx. I'll fix it but a clean fix will take some time. So if you're using those devices please use 0.5.0 in the meantime.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #535
Pope Viper
Pope Viper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Vlad - Is there a way the default gear/info/home icons can be replaced with more customized substitutes?
Pope Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #536
evillevi
evillevi began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 2
calibre cops - setting up multiple libraries?

Hi guys

I've recently switched to multiple libraries. They show up fine in html (cops), but when I try downloading, I get an error: page not found.

Everything works fine with 1 library. When using several, I'm stuck.

I keep the calibre folder in my web folder on a Synology NAS, and the ebooks are outside the web folder.

What I did:
From one library (/volume1/documenten/X) to several libaries (kept in subfolders in folder Y, so /volume1/documenten/Y). Each subfolder has a metadata.db file, the root folder also has one which is 0kb. I then deleted the folder that held one library before.

My config_local.php has the following lines in it:

$config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/';

$config['calibre_directory'] = array (
"books" => "/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/books/",
"magazines" => "/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/magazines/",
"comics" => "/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/comics/",
"cursussen" => "/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/cursussen/",
"screenplays" => "/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/screenplays/",
"articles & essays" => "/volume1/documenten/Ebooks/articles & essays/",
);

I think this downloading problem has been reported before. Apologies, I couldn't find the answer. Can anyone shed some light, please? If there is anything I should add to solve this problem, let me know.
evillevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #537
mariosipad
Guru

Remove the line
Code:
from config_local.php.

It's not needed.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #538
evillevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Remove the line
Code:
from config_local.php.

It's not needed.
Thanks, that did the trick.

Last edited by evillevi; 08-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #539
evillevi

First of all, thanks for the great work.

Is there a way to get a full list of artists instead of the index (1-9; A-Z)? With 'series', 'tags' and 'languages' this is already the case.
It would also be great to have 'all books' listed just the same as the ones in 'recently added', but in alphabetical order then. If this is possible, how does one go about it?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #540
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillevi View Post
First of all, thanks for the great work.

Is there a way to get a full list of artists instead of the index (1-9; A-Z)? With 'series', 'tags' and 'languages' this is already the case.
It would also be great to have 'all books' listed just the same as the ones in 'recently added', but in alphabetical order then. If this is possible, how does one go about it?
Edit config_local.php:
Code:
    /*
     * split authors by first letter
     * 1 : Yes
     * 0 : No
     */
    $config['cops_author_split_first_letter'] = "1";

change to

$config['cops_author_split_first_letter'] = "0";
Edit config_local.php (only if your computer [Synology] is fast enough or the number of books you have is < "a few 1000's"; if slow or larger, then the process of rendering the thumbnail covers takes way to much time!)
Code:
    /*
     * Number of recent books to show
     */
    $config['cops_recentbooks_limit'] = '50'; 

change to

$config['cops_recentbooks_limit'] = '1000';
then click on the cog (right top) and sort the books in ascending order.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology