Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #91
Montyp535
Zealot
Montyp535 began at the beginning.

Device: (former) Ebookwise 1150, PB 302, (now) PB 612, PB Touch, HTC DesireS
Yes, that makes sense for my self-made epubs - f.i. when I want to correct / remake a toc outside of Sigil or - as paulpeer wrote - correct an error in an epub, where I don't know the exact file. (it also looks better, when the files have some nice names )
Montyp535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #92
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
It makes sence for only one person: the one who makes the e-book. If someone tells me, that there is a typo in chapter 10, then it is easy for me to find the typo if the corresponding file is called chap10.xhtml (especially now, when Sigil has no book wide search function).
That is what I change it TO (actually, I spell out chapter)

Calibre (?) takes whatever the Full file name of the source and adds _splitxxx . Maybe this is handy if you are combining splits from different sources?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #93
towhit523
towhit523 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kindle, sony 600, ipad, iphone, droid
Search and Replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
Is there a way to search, or search and replace, in the whole book? It seems to work only in one chapter at a time ...
I haven't seen a response to this question yet. Is it possible or will we have to search each section individually?

Thanks
towhit523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #94
Josch91
Reader
Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by towhit523 View Post
I haven't seen a response to this question yet. Is it possible or will we have to search each section individually?

Thanks
At the moment it is not possible to search the whole file.
Josch91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #95
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towhit523 View Post

Thanks
Individually. But Search and Replace remembers your terms, So you just select the next section and continue yor search. A minor PITA if you already have tabs open
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #96
Ambidextrous
Bilaterally Inept
Ambidextrous began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) Question

I've been using Sigil in Windows Vista for a few weeks.

Last week I installed Ubuntu on a separate partition. This is not my first exposure to Linux, but I am by no means an expert, as the following question will undoubtedly reveal:

The instructions in the Sigil Wiki read:

Quote:
Run the installer for your CPU architecture. Two are available: x86 and x86-64. If in doubt, use the x86 one. Qt is included in the installer.

After the installer completes, there should be an icon on your desktop and an entry in your "start menu".
In Windows this would simply involve double-clicking on the downloaded file. I tried this approach in the file manager and was asked which program to use to open the .bin file.

I changed the permissions to allow it to execute, double-clicked again and got the same result.

I tried to execute the .bin from the command line in a terminal and got "command not found"

I tried install Sigil-0.2.0β3-Linux-x86_64-Setup.bin and received a suggestion that I should review the --help option for install.

Can someone give me a hint? How do I actually run the installer?

Ambidextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #97
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I am glad I am not the only one that needed help
IIRC
open a terminal
Code:
sudo ./Sigil-0.2.0β3-Linux-x86_64-Setup.bin
this should install in /opt/sigil

the Icon on the desktop belongs to root
You may need to change ownership/group rights
Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #98
Ambidextrous
Bilaterally Inept
Ambidextrous began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
That was easy!

Profound thanks.

I don't use desktop icons, they hide my photographic wallpapers. I also know just enough about Linux to be considered dangerous.

Ambidextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #99
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambidextrous View Post
Profound thanks.

I don't use desktop icons, they hide my photographic wallpapers. I also know just enough about Linux to be considered dangerous.

Glad I could help.

I am just a smidgen above you in Linux Skill . I still consider myself more a user than programmer.

I had hepl the first time with Sigil.