Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
SteGar
Enthusiast
SteGar doesn't litterSteGar doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Hi guys !

I'm new at this... but I am really researching e-readers and Mobileread has been a great help.

I still have a few (many...) questions and that's why i have decided to join this forum (first time in any forum for that matter...).

So here I go !

One of the things I would like to do with a reader is be able to read magazine and newspaper. But except the Kindle (not available in Canada, thank you), this option seems difficult at best.

I am really leaning towards the PRS 700 from Sony, but apart from what they offer at the ebook store (slim pickings), is there a possibility to download magazine or RSS feeds ?

Thanks a lot !
SteGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, stegar, and welcome to MobileRead.

Good luck with whichever reader you decide on, and be sure and check out all the free books available here............even without a device.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
SteGar
Enthusiast

Thanks desertgrandma.

Where should I post my question to get answers and/or suggestions ?
Old 02-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteGar View Post
Thanks desertgrandma.

Where should I post my question to get answers and/or suggestions ?
Since you're asking about the Sony 700, you could start a new thread here..

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/for...ysprune=&f=176

Or, go to the 'which one should I buy' thread and post.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123

good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
SteGar
Enthusiast

Thank you again and I just followed you advice and post my query on "which one should I buy"
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi SteGar and welcome to the Forum. There are a lot more sources for books for the Sony than the Sony Web site. Check out the Forum here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_formats
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote