Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Stealing Light by Gary Gibson

Just finished reading Stealing Light by Gary Gibson and it was pretty good.
Set in the future where only one alien race , The Shoal, possesses the secret to Faster-Than-Light travel that they are graciously letting the human race use but don't want them to have.
Then a derelict spacecraft is discovered that contains Faster-Than-Light of non-Shoal origin and the race is on to salvage it.
Quite interesting to read and I loved the artificial skin technology that envelopes the wearer when there is no atmosphere.
Don't think it is available from US ebook stores but I bought it from WH Smiths during their recent sale.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I think I just saw a post of his on here, I think he is a member (I apologize if you knew that already).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
WH Smith only has ePub. They are an OverDrive retail site, and OverDrive has a retail locator. It identifies the only format as ePub and the only retailers as WHSmith and Waterstones, but:
Quote:
Geographic Rights:
Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States
I wonder if US is a mistake.

On the other hand it is available as a MOBI directly from Pan Macmillan. They also have Adobe ePub and PDF. This is also advertised on Gary Gibson's home page:
Quote:
Now available as an ebook (DRM-free version available exclusively from Pan MacMillan).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Here's the link of the other post reference Pan's DRM free ebooks.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Well I don't know if it was illegal or not, but I bought a copy from pan's website. I figure if their site knows I'm in Canada and doesn't care then neither do I.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Just bought it from here without a problem. (Here=Luxembourg)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote