Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #466
neilday
neilday began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 650, Boox C67ml, KindlePW3
Moonreader pro: footnotes popup in a box: how do you change the background/font colour in this footnote box? (in night mode I get white background with near white text).

Thanks!
neilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #467
mugenkits
mugenkits began at the beginning.

Device: Starmobile engage 9
Hi I new to this forum which i found hoping i could find a solution to my problem.

Just got a new tablet and to my dismay the new tablet have a different file path than the old one.

OLD tablet
/mnt/sdcard2/Books

new tablet
/mnt/sdcard/Books

The old tablet has a phone storage and an internal storage where i put my books.
The new tablet however has only one internal storage which is /mnt/sdcard/ and SD card slot which is /storage/sdcard_ext/.

While restoring from backup and syncing can at least keep my book progress between devices. Bookmarks, recent reading list and statistics like total reading hours does not transfer over since its saved to different file paths between devices.

If I can I would like transfer the bookmarks and statistics to the new tablet since im not keeping the old one for long.

Is there anyway i can fix this on my new tablet?

Googling lead me to a possibility in which it was suggested i modify the backup *.mrpro file with and sqlite browser to fix the file paths and load the modded backup in the new tablet.
Unfortunately I haven't found a sqlite browser that can read the mrpro file and since the blog was over a year old the blogger who said can do this is not a active anymore also he never said what program he used.

Anybody know anything i can use to edit the mrpro file?

Another thing i can think off is to root my tablet which i haven't done before.
And change the internal storage to mnt/sdcard/ on the new tablet to /mnt/sdcard2/.

Is this safe to do? Im worried i might brick the tablet.

Im looking for any suggestions that can help.
Thanks in advance.
mugenkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #468
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Mugenkits, if you replicate the contents of the “Books” folder from your old device to your new device, I would think that would suffice to get back all your stats and bookmarks. You would do it manually by copying the two file folders -- .MoonReader and MoonReader – from the “Books” folder on your old device and then sending them to your new device and pasting them into the “Books” folder there.

This can all be done with a good file manager. My personal favorite is FX file manager which is free at the Play store. It will zip up the folders for you and let you send it as a single archive via Bluetooth to your new device. If you prefer, you can hook up your tablets via USB to your PC and do the copy and transferring that way.

By the way, MoonReader does a great job of syncing bookmarks via dropbox along with reading position, so if you used that, you would never have to worry about migrating them to a new device.

I would stay away from renaming any partitions on your device, especially if you’re not used to mucking around with Android. You could brick your device that way.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #469
mugenkits
mugenkits began at the beginning.

Device: Starmobile engage 9
Thanks Pat for the response. I did try moving my books from old tablet to PC to new tablet in exactly the same way and same folder and use the restore feature. Except for /mnt/sdcard2/ which the new tablet does not have and i have no control over. I'll try again with syncing with dropbox. Perhaps i made a mistake at first or maybe try a different wiki on how to.
mugenkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #470
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I couldn't find this through searching. Am giving Moon+ another try. How do I swipe up on the right side of the screen to increase font size (like I did with Mantano). Thanks.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #471
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I couldn't find this through searching. Am giving Moon+ another try. How do I swipe up on the right side of the screen to increase font size (like I did with Mantano). Thanks.
In miscellaneous settings.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1460164647035.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	147703
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #472
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Purple Lady - don't know how I missed that! When reading landscape with 2 columns, do you know the setting to reduce the space between the columns? And, maybe, put a line or something between them? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:09 AM   #473
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, Purple Lady - don't know how I missed that! When reading landscape with 2 columns, do you know the setting to reduce the space between the columns? And, maybe, put a line or something between them? Thanks.
The only way I know to reduce the space between the columns is to make the right and left margins smaller. I don't know of any way to put a line between them.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #474
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The only way I know to reduce the space between the columns is to make the right and left margins smaller. I don't know of any way to put a line between them.
Thanks anyway. Columns are working ok now.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:09 AM   #475
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Is anyone else having import problems, when using Moon + and calibre?

For the past couple of weeks, whenever I connect to Calibre and choose books to import, Moon+ lists the same book up to 4 times in the window that pops up, and the importing book dial spins indefinitely. I can hit cancel import, and only one copy of the book is in my library, but it's still strange behavior.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:26 AM   #476
AprilDawn47
AprilDawn47 began at the beginning.

Device: MoonReader+ Pro
File name listed twice

Quick question - I am using Moon+ Reader on Android, primarily for reading PDFs. Recently, I have noticed that on my shelf the app lists the Book Title, then immediately following it the File Title.

John Skips Rope (john skips rope.pdf)

Not all PDF files do this, tho, just the majority of them. I have checked the metadata of the PDFs to find a specific inconsistency, but no luck. The 'problem' applies to PDF I created yesterday and PDFs I created a year ago. It's a little thing, but it's annoying and didn't used to exist.

Any ideas if there is a fix for this issue? Or do I just need to suck it up and live with it? This occurred with both my Samsung S6 and my Nexus 6p, and I think on my Asus tablet as well.

Thanks so much in advance!
AprilDawn47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:11 AM   #477
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Someone else might have asked this already, but I searched in the forum and couldn't find anything -- is there a way to get fonts to show correctly? (i.e. when a font has a regular and italic version, the italic version is used correctly instead of the regular being slanted etc.). Would it work if I combined all the versions of one font in one with FontForge?
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:58 AM   #478
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Not without specifying it in the style sheet of the book. Moon has always used fake italics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #479
corvair65
corvair65 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Nexus 7
Book Cover Pictures Problems

I have a problem with two books having the same cover, one is correct and the other isn't. I have corrected it using Calibre, deleted the book in Moon+ Reader Pro. When I re-install the book with the correct cover, it still comes up with the old cover.

Is there some place in Moon+ Reader that is storing that old book with the wrong cover? That's about the only thing I can that is causing it.
corvair65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #480
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvair65 View Post
I have a problem with two books having the same cover, one is correct and the other isn't. I have corrected it using Calibre, deleted the book in Moon+ Reader Pro. When I re-install the book with the correct cover, it still comes up with the old cover.

Is there some place in Moon+ Reader that is storing that old book with the wrong cover? That's about the only thing I can that is causing it.
Covers are stored in the .Moonreader folder in the main folder where your books are stored. This is a hidden folder so you may need to change settings in your file manager to see them. When a book is deleted this folder is not cleaned up so it might be causing your problem.