Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
The General Preface Essay

Pardon me if this is not an appropriate post - I am not a writer - but I thought writers might be interested in a short essay by Stanley J. Weyman that I have just uploaded to the MR library. He was a very popular writer of historical fiction and romance in the late 19th century and early 20th century.

The General Preface Essay was first published in September 1911 in
volume 1 of The Works of Stanley J. Weyman, the Author's
Complete Edition, published by Smith Elder & Co. The essay is a
fascinating account of his views on writing and on some of his books.

In the essay he states that he had laid aside his pen, but he resumed
writing in 1919 and wrote six more novels.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Oh, that was a very nice essay.

I don't download books from MR, but I would just like to say that all of you do a wonderful job and I am truly grateful that you go out of your way to make so many books available. Thank you
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert