Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
EvMB1
Enthusiast
EvMB1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
HELP Please: files copied to my device but I can't find them on the device

I copied some files over to my Kindle 3g using Calibre. They show up as being on my device in Calibre and through My Computer and yet I'm unable to find them when looking through my actual device. I have 36 pages of Collections so to look through each folder is something I really don't want to have to do.

I removed them from the device and re-sent them but still I can't see them.

Any advice?
EvMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you sort by most recent first on your Kindle they should be on the 1st page and "new".

Did you download the ebooks from Amazon via K4PC (rather than targeting your K3)? If so, you need to strip DRM before they will work on your K3. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for more on DRM. A simple test is to try to view a MOBI using Calibre's built in viewer, which will work if it is DRM free.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Thank you for that. These are personal text documents that I have put onto my kindle. No DRM to worry about. I have found all but one of these documents now by using the Add/Remove to a Collection option. The missing one will show up under a search but I still can't find it listed to add to the Collection
Old 06-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Final update. I contacted Amazon 'chat' support and the person I spoke to asked me if my Collections were in alphabetical order. When I said no they told me that I should reset to factory settings and the collections would then be in alphabetical order and all would be OK then. Don't know why that was going to help my situation but I was pretty much OVER it by then and willing to try anything. Never mind that it had taken me weeks to get the kindle to the point it was at then - I have many files on my kindle which I had to convert before I added them.

Needless to say there was no alphabetical order to my collections and I had to go through the whole process with my files once again. All seems OK now. Thanks for your help.