Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
flowers123
flowers123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle and fanfiction.net

I'm thinking about getting a Kindle but I want to know how well it works browsing and reading on fanfiction.net.

I ALREADY know how to convert fan fictions to epubs and PDFs and how to get that on a Kindle and I have a few already in a folder ready to load on my Kindle when I get it. So that's not what I'm asking.

I read some fan fictions in progress. I don't need to convert the WHOLE story just to read the chapter that published today. So, I would browse, find the story I need, and click until I get that chapter.

I check my email and get notifications when a story updates so will I be able to browse gmail, open my email, click on the link in the notification and read that chapter? Updating is sometimes random and converting to an epub converts what's already out, not what I'm waiting for.
flowers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I think I've only ever visited the site once with the Kindle but if I remember correctly, FF.net has a mobile site. It should work well with that.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert