Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
New Firmware and Desktop!

Just updating as we speak!

The Touch by WiFi; the Desktop .. well by network!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

2.1 Desktop claims:
- Choose your preferred language under Tools (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch)
- Translate words in a book to other languages
- Use the application to shop, browse your library and read books while syncing
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

1.9.10 Touch claims
- Set your preferred language
- Translate words in a book to other languages
- Support for free books from Internet Archive
- Revised EXTRAS settings under SETTINGS
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Old 09-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Lanuages:
English
Francais
Francais (Canada)
Deutsch
Nederlands
Italiano
Espanal
Old 09-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
08GibsonExplorer
08GibsonExplorer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yes! It fixes the issue with books on a SD card not being remembered on the home page.

Last edited by 08GibsonExplorer; 09-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.
08GibsonExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
It's not updating for me. It just updates reading stats and awards. No firmware.

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 09-01-2011 at 10:20 AM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I had trouble with the update on the wife's Touch; no luck doing it via wireless (it seemed to be stuck with a Kobo eBook download into her Storage Area corrupted machine).

I *WAS ABLE* to get the update via Kobo Desktop but still her unit stuck syncing that one book. Dbgview kept showing messages related to a corrupted database.

So have just done the reset, and am downloading her 200+ Kobo purchased books into it.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
So the update is supposed to fix the storage error, but if your device has the storage error then it can't update? That's ironic.

But my Kobo Touch appears clean (no error message when I cycle the power), so that's not the problem for me. I notice you're in Canada, so maybe the update just hasn't been propagated to the US servers yet.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
the update for the KOBO itself might have been pulled, or they are releasing it slowly as I wasn't able to get it; Desktop updated though.

Correction...it just updated...

Last edited by Psyke; 09-01-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Mine updated over the air.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #11
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Under very short and summary testing things already look better.

Upgrade OTA went smoothly, with nothing lost on the reader so far. Updated Desktop application too and for the first time since I got the reader the Desktop application actually synchronized it's library with the one on the website. And synchronizing the reader with the application went well with no error this time.

Sideloaded books seem unaffected so far.

As a side effect, I see that Calibre does not list the content of my Touch or of the inserted microSD card anymore. Has anything changed on the way the disks are handled in this FW release?

Need to follow closely how it's behaving now but it's looking good.

Last edited by frankieGom; 09-01-2011 at 11:02 AM.
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Mine updated over the air just fine. I was happy to see that they made the decision to issue a largely fix-it update rather than making us wait for whatever is in the pipeline for 2.0. I would not be surprised to find that it needs a healthy Db to update successfully, but I haven't seen anything from Kobo stating that this is the case.

PS: I don't mean to minimize the language choices/translation features. They are very kewl.

Last edited by taming; 09-01-2011 at 10:59 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Mine updated over the air about an hour ago. Note that 'Extras' now includes Sudoku and web browser - much easier to find now.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Syncing Bookmarks

I have been ignoring the storage error message for weeks. I am 72% through the four Song of Fire and Ice books. If I do a reset, I will lose my bookmarks. Is there anyway I can sync my bookmarks with the Kobo website without doing a reset?
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Well, since you know where you are, you should be able to navigate back to that page easily enough, regardless.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote