Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #121
vanhoavn
vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.vanhoavn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
It will be created when there're something to save at the first time: when you exit the application (save current state), or when you solved an posture.
vanhoavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #122
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhoavn View Post
It will be created when there're something to save at the first time: when you exit the application (save current state), or when you solved an posture.
Ahhh! It will be created when you exit the application the VERY first time!

Thanks a lot! It makes every sense now!
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #123
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

OK, here is a new release that will fix the crash of the Chinese Chess game.

Thanks for all the feedbacks and helps!

================================================== ================

Changes in Version 0.1.3

1. Fix a bug that try to read the Security Storage while it is corrupted or absent.

Install instructions

1. Delete the old file "KindleChineseChess-touch.???.azw2" from your Kindle.

2. Unzip the attached file.

3. Just copy the new file to your Kindle.

Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.3.zip (222.9 KB, 124 views)
Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #124
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #125
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
OK, here is a new release that will fix the crash of the Chinese Chess game.

Thanks for all the feedbacks and helps!

Changes in Version 0.1.3

1. Fix a bug that try to read the Security Storage while it is corrupted or absent.

Install instructions

1. Delete the old file "KindleChineseChess-touch.???.azw2" from your Kindle.

2. Unzip the attached file.

3. Just copy the new file to your Kindle.

Thanks! It works, but I found another problem: I can't save my game. I quit the game and open the game again, the change I made has gone. How can I save the change?
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #126
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
OK, here is a new release...
thanks
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #127
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
Thanks! It works, but I found another problem: I can't save my game. I quit the game and open the game again, the change I made has gone. How can I save the change?
The changes should be stored in the Security Storage located here:

\mnt\us\developer\Chinese Kindle Chess\metadata\.security_store

Check that the file is there and the size of the file should be around 1000B.

It you cannot find the file or the size is wrong, you need to find out why - such as

1. Can you create directory and a test file there?

2. When you run the game again, is it always the default game level "You vs Beginner"? If you choose a different game level, will it get back to the same game level correctly?

3. Please note the "History" of the moves have NOT saved, this is the next thing I need to fix on my "do" list...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #128
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

If your kindle need the latest version of Chinese Chess in order to run correctly, it just means there is a problem of create the Security Storage - You should not need this fix to run the Chess Game!

Check that you have enough storage space to allow the Chess Game creates its own Security Storage!

Use the Linux command "df" to see how many spare space you got in your kindle...
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #129
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
The changes should be stored in the Security Storage located...
Thanks for your reply. I can't find the Security Storage in \mnt\us\developer\Chinese Kindle Chess\metadata\
The diretory is empty.

1. I can create directory and a test file there.
2. Yes, it is always the default game level "You vs Beginner". if I choose a different game level, it doesn't get back to the same game level correctly.

I run the command "df" in winscp and the result is here:
/mnt/us/developer/Kindle Chinese Chess/metadata$ df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 348365 206588 124277 62% /
tmpfs 127832 72 127760 0% /dev
tmpfs 127832 0 127832 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 32768 348 32420 1% /var
/dev/loop/2 216 216 0 100% /lib/firmware/cyttsp
/dev/loop/3 2536 2536 0 100% /usr/share/X11/xkb
/dev/loop/4 36244 36244 0 100% /usr/java/lib/fonts
/dev/loop/5 1312 1312 0 100% /etc/kdb.src
/dev/loop/6 8124 8124 0 100% /usr/lib/locale
/dev/loop/7 8936 8936 0 100% /usr/share/keyboard
/dev/mmcblk0p3 31729 13665 16426 45% /var/local
/dev/loop/0 3410656 2503960 906696 73% /mnt/base-us
fsp 3410656 2503960 906696 73% /mnt/us
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #130
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I can't find the Security Storage in \mnt\us\developer\Chinese Kindle Chess\metadata\
The diretory is empty.
OK, the directory should not be empty!

But the "df" shows you have used 73% of storage only, there are still space available...

Then why the ".secure_store" file cannot be created?

Hmm... The only thing I would suggest is deleted the whole directory start from "/Kindle Chinese Chess" so that the whole application directory is gone from the /mnt/us/developer/

Then run the Chess program again, don't move any chess pieces, just exit the Chess program right away by go to Home Menu (not by turn off the device). Now check the directory and see if "/Kindle Chinese Chess" directory is created again and most important, is the file ".secure_store" existed in the "metadata" subdirectory...
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #131
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tests as "Working" on mine now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_262.png
Views:	154
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	103474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_263.png
Views:	166
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	103475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_264.png
Views:	148
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	103476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_266.png
Views:	143
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	103477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_267.png
Views:	170
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	103478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_268.png
Views:	147
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	103479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_269.png
Views:	125
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	103480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_265.png
Views:	117
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	103481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_270.png
Views:	141
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	103482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_271.png
Views:	128
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	103483  

Last edited by twobob; 03-26-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #132
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
OK, the directory should not...
I do as what you said, but I still can'nt find the file ".secure_store"
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #133
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I do as what you said, but I still can'nt find the file ".secure_store"
How are you looking?

In *nix, names beginning with a period are hidden from normal listings. (hidden names).

So show the specific command(s) you are using to find the file.
"Can't find it" - is far too little information with which to help you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #134
twobob

FWIW I too have no folder there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_272.png
Views:	131
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	103485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_273.png
Views:	128
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	103486  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #135
twobob

I did find one little "bug?" dunno... In certain - later stages... The HINT button just does nothing (switching sides seems to give it the nudge it needs)

Pictured example.

But mainly AWESOME

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_274.png
Views:	169
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	103487