Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #16
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Let us know how it goes and which one you like best.
Ended up in Maine unexpectedly, and finally went to Best Buy to check them out.

The 4.0 is true cellphone size, but the 5.0 is really amazing. That will be my choice to replace the Nook Color. I can see why TubeMonkey used it as a replacement for his Nook Color. Perfect for using on long bus/car trips.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I have been on the lookout for a 5" screen for quite awhile and have experienced more than my share of disappointments. I had also given up on Android as a whole. BUT! When I saw this player in BB I knew it was for me. I love it.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #18
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh well, Merry Christmas to me! I had Discover cashback that's been sitting there for some time, so linked to Amazon and pulled the trigger on the Galaxy Player 5.0. Ended up being $205 with free shipping and no tax which I couldn't resist. Tubemonkey is a real enabler, lol.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #19
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Merry Xmas to me and hubby... I pulled the trigger on the initial Amazon sale, buying two, one for me, one to surprise hubby with for Xmas. I love mine and I think hubby is enjoying his surprise!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've read while the resolution is the same between the 4.0 and 5.0, the 4.0 is the better of the two (easier on the eyes and clearer). I wouldn't know cause BB doesn't have the 4.0 in stock or on display to compare. I've been missing with the 5.0 in the store for the last week but still haven't pulled the trigger.

Of those two, I really rather have the Icer Itonic A100 for $259 currently at BB but no store within 100 miles of me has any of those. And I already have the KF btw.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #21
Tabatha
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Of those two, I really rather have the Icer Itonic A100 for $259 currently at BB but no store within 100 miles of me has any of those. And I already have the KF btw.
Do you mean Acer Icona A100? If you check the other Galaxy 5 threads, they have been compared, which may help your decision.

Mine arrived today from Amazon, and charging now. Love the size of the 5.0 after checking both at Best Buy. Perfect to replace the Nook Color, especially for car/bus/travel.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Do you mean Acer Icona A100? If you check the other Galaxy 5 threads, they have been compared, which may help your decision.

Mine arrived today from Amazon, and charging now. Love the size of the 5.0 after checking both at Best Buy. Perfect to replace the Nook Color, especially for car/bus/travel.
I reread it before posting and still never caught it but that is the tablet I meant.

Off the top without reading comparisons:

A100 using Honeycomb and has better resolution. And if I can talk myself into the drive, I found a place that had some in stock for about the same price as the Player 5.0 so ...................
Old 12-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I've read while the resolution is the same between the 4.0 and 5.0, the 4.0 is the better of the two (easier on the eyes and clearer). I wouldn't know cause BB doesn't have the 4.0 in stock or on display to compare. I've been missing with the 5.0 in the store for the last week but still haven't pulled the trigger.
I have both models and there's a marked difference between the displays. The GP4 is brighter and the colors really pop out; whereas the GP5 looks dull and dingy by comparison. Text is also sharper on the GP4. On the Kindle app, the white background on the GP4 is white and a dingy off-white on the GP5.

Comparing the display on my GP4 (800x480) to my iPt4 (960x640), I gotta say that I can't see a difference.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #24
robertc88
Fanatic

I'll have to check around for the 4.0 player whereby I can witness hands-on how I feel about it. I did a side by side with the 5.0 versus my smartphone (3.7"). Of course it is easier to read because of the size but the resoultion was meh to tell the truth on the 5.0 Player!

I commend Best Buy for having it on display to try at least. Maybe they will get the 4.0 in stock again to try.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
My brother is in the US atm, and I might ask him to look for a Player (4.0 version) for me. Where would be the best place for him to look? (He's in the Washington DC area).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
My brother is in the US atm, and I might ask him to look for a Player (4.0 version) for me. Where would be the best place for him to look? (He's in the Washington DC area).
Best Buy has them on sale for $179.99
Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #27
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Best Buy has them on sale for $179.99
Hmm, that's online only...

I think I'll just mail him to look for one and if it's below the $200 mark, he can buy it
Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Hmm, that's online only...

I think I'll just mail him to look for one and if it's below the $200 mark, he can buy it
Order online for in store pickup. A US address might be needed, but obtained if he's staying with friends.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

But he'd have to create an account... Besides, I think my sister-in-law only needs half an excuse to go shopping (they're visiting her family) and my brother is as gadget-crazy as I am
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
But he'd have to create an account... Besides, I think my sister-in-law only needs half an excuse to go shopping (they're visiting her family) and my brother is as gadget-crazy as I am
In store price is $199.99

Edit: someone in her family could order it for in store pickup and they could pay them.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-03-2012 at 07:25 AM.