Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #46
eth777
eth777 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
This is great stuff.
I've gotten the web browser working, but for some reason the network does not seem to turn off now.

I have the icons on my SD card to start the network, and then one to start dillo. For a while it worked as it should, I clicked the network one, and it started the network, and then the text for that icon changed to "stop networking", but that doesn't happen anymore.
Now I click the start network, it starts but never changes to allow me to stop it.

Any ideas? It eats up all my batteries until I restart it.

Thanks
Eth
eth777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #47
ajnorth
ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Which browser

Hi

I now have a bunch of web content being fetched automatically, some of it being referenced back to the Internet through html http:// links. I can follow those with the built in broswer but sometimes it takes a really long time (minutes) to bring up a web page. As far as I can tell this is the browser's fault since I have a fast wireless connection to an ADSL 2+ router, which is very fast for browsing with my PC.

So, my question is - is browsing live on the Internet with the inbuilt Minimo normally really slow?

I haven't been game to replace the inbuilt Minimo with Adam's new version or Dillo - I don't really need or want an address bar if that's all they'll give me, but if they'll fix the slow navigation issue I'll give it a go. But then I'd have a choice between Dillo and Adam's version of Minimo. I haven't seen any discussion of which is recommended or why you'd use one over the other?
ajnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #48
kinetic
kinetic began at the beginning.

Device: none currently
error: Can't solve ...

Hello all !

I have an Iliad with the latest 2.12 and the fixed DP (debuged by AdamB).
Now I have shell access and played with my Iliad a little!

Anyway I have installed both browsers Dillo and Midori, but it seems I can't get any of them working.

Dillo enters and displays the GUI well but when I try to connect to ..say google or anything else it just says: "ERROR: Can't solve blabla" and I think this might be related with some dns settings (I havn't the iliad here right now).

As for Midori, the browser just hangs. It becames unresponsive and to make a simple operation like opening a toolbar window I have to press left up corner buttons all the time as I press the toolbar with my stylus.

I have my wireless connection on and I dunno why is this happening. Does anyone have a clue on this matter.. Could this be related to new 2.12 and new DP etc ?

Thanks alot!

Regards,

Kinetic.

Last edited by kinetic; 03-21-2008 at 09:21 AM.
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #49
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
Dillo enters and displays the GUI well but when I try to connect to ..say google or anything else it just says: "ERROR: Can't solve blabla" and I think this might be related with some dns settings (I havn't the iliad here right now).
You're right, that error is related to a problem with the DNS settings.

Try this:

If your DNS is always the same, you can edit the dillo start script and add the following line before the line that executes dillo:

Code:
echo nameserver 194.224.52.4 > /etc/resolv.conf
(change the IP of that line to the one of your DNS)

With that you reset the nameserver configuration of the ilia to one you know to work.

Hope that helps. If that works, you should investigate why the iliad isn't receiving the correct DNS server (as this "fix" is not very orthodox; you would only "fixing" the DNS for dillo and whatever you launch after that...).

NOTE: if the connection script of the iliad is using dhcp (dynamic ip), bear in mind that the dhcp client overwrites the resolv.conf file after it gets the connection parameters from the dhcp server. That's the reason to put the above line (to reset the nameserver to a sane value) in the dillo start script, as it's safe to assume that if you're launching dillo, the connection has been already stablished (the dhcp client has already touched the resolv.conf file, so it won't touch it again).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #50
kinetic
kinetic began at the beginning.

Device: none currently
Thanks but..

Thank you for your answer !

But sorry for my ignorence..what file should I edit then ?

Thanks alot !
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:33 AM   #51
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
Thank you for your answer !

But sorry for my ignorence..what file should I edit then ?

Thanks alot !
You should edit dillo/run.sh

Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
export scriptdir=`/usr/bin/dirname $0`
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$scriptdir/lib
cd $scriptdir
./xset +fp $scriptdir/fonts/misc
./xset +fp $scriptdir/fonts/TTF
./xset +fp $scriptdir/fonts/100dpi
export HOME=`pwd`
echo nameserver 194.224.52.4 > /etc/resolv.conf
./dillo
The IP should be the one of your DNS (that's only an example, I don't know if that DNS server still works).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #52
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I always use Open DNS

Their addresses are:
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #53
lisgielen
lisgielen began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 6760slide, irex iliad, (nokia 3250)
i installed dillo, and it seems to work perfectly fine for me! a bit rough, maybe, bur it works! I found that amazing enough... Thanks, you all!
lisgielen is offline   Reply With Quote