Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
PDF Readers for the iPad

http://appadvice.com/appguides/show/...aders-For-iPad

Lots of apps. But no Stanza?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I like iBooks. It handles PDFs just fine. In fact, I like it very much.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Lots of apps. But no Stanza?
Really, and they put iBooks in the "notable apps" section...
At least Goodreader is front and center, by far my favorite pdf reader. Stanza is my second favorite. I wish all readers would adopt Stanza's amazing in-app brightness control method and global in-app screen rotation lock (that saves between files and app sessions).

Maybe the reviewer wasn't aware that Stanza came out for iPad.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Goodreader is by far the best one for me. Being able to manage all your books from Dropbox makes it the most useful for me. iBooks is great for ePub but it seems to throw the formatting if you zoom in on some PDFs.
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
does stanza handle pdf files? i deleted it so i don't even know. i wouldn't bother with anything other than GR. i tried ibooks but found apple's native rendering incredibly slow to open a book and scroll pages, at least with my tech books with charts, diagrams, graphics, etc.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
cmdahler
Addict
cmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I like iBooks. It handles PDFs just fine. In fact, I like it very much.
iBooks is ok, but not great. One glaring omission is it cannot display a PDF's Table of Contents. Goodreader is the best, bar none, of the current PDF viewers on the iPad. It is one of those apps that the developer really could charge twice to three times what they do and you'd still be getting a good value for your money.
cmdahler is offline   Reply With Quote