Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
KDP Publishing: Two cover images ?

Hi,
I realise there is a lot of discussion all over the place on kindle cover dimensions and I have had to go through a lot of it myself this week as I am self publishing my first eBook on KDP this week. I have eventually settled on a cover of 1000x1600 at 96dpi which I hope is the best choice.

But in a couple of web sites I have seen mention of two different cover images being needed to publish on KDP. Yet I cannot find anything on it in KDP's own guide. They talk about a cover inside the uploaded eBook and a separate 'display' cover uploaded separately....

Anyone clear this up for me ?
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe KDP inserts the separately uploaded cover as the cover in the ebook. Regardless of whether or not you have one already. Pushing the previous cover to the first page of the book, so you end up with two "covers", one after the other, one of which is just a page with an image.

It is recommended to upload the ebook without a cover and allow Amazon to insert it for you from the product picture.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting - and thanks for your reply.

Please don't misunderstand me, I accept what you say, but would you have any link to KDP's documentation that would comfort me in this on this at all ? I find their whole documentation on this topic very confusing.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No, because what I know comes from lurking here on MobileRead.

I would hunt up what links I could, but I'm mobile right now.

Presumably Hitch or someone will pop up soon with evidence and firsthand experience. And highly in-depth explanation and analysis.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
saoir
Groupie

That's fine eschwartz. I understand. I'll try to dig it up myself.
Advert