Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
vorik
vorik began at the beginning.

Device: BEBOOK
Unhappy Sourcecode for original firmware BEBOOK?

Hi,

On the wiki, it says that the BEBOOK doesnt provide the sourcecode, but there is something downloadable from their wiki.

However, it looks like some tars of the GPL'd components and I'm unsure if a build environment can be constructed out of these parts.

Did any of you take a look at this? I want to build an image without DRM capabilities. (I follow OpenInkpot very closely, but the reader doesn't seem to handle line endings correctly now)

Thanks!
Vorik
vorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All that's available under the GPL is the core Linux o/s, device drivers, etc. None of the actual book reading "applications".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
All that's available under the GPL is the core Linux o/s, device drivers, etc. None of the actual book reading "applications".
One of the reading applications on Hanlin devices is FBReader and it is available as source code. I think that on the BeBook it is currently assigned for only fb2 files but it will read a lot more than that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
One of the reading applications on Hanlin devices is FBReader and it is available as source code. I think that on the BeBook it is currently assigned for only fb2 files but it will read a lot more than that.

Dale
Do you mean CoolReader? There is no FBReader in stock firmware.
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
Do you mean CoolReader? There is no FBReader in stock firmware.
Maybe I do. They look a lot alike to me without any kind of label. And with it restricted to one format I is difficult to tell. At any rate there is source available for the reader that BeBook (Hanlin) uses to read fb2 files.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
Charybdis
Enthusiast
Charybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enough

Device: BeBook
Hello!

The BeBook website claims:

"The sourcecode may be downloaded here : http://www.mybebook.com/source/gpl_sourcecode.rar."

Is this only the Linux kernel used by BeBook? Or the whole firmware?
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote