Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Half price on any eBook plus money back

Hi all.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a great introductory offer on Directebooks.com. Your first ebook is now half-price!

We also have a great new Loyalty scheme whereby you get money back on every purchase you make to use on your next ebook. Check out more here.

Have a look around and please feel free to post here or pm if you have any questions or queries. We have added thousands of eBooks recently so all your favourites should be there!

Thanks as always and have a great weekend!

Gareth
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
lismith
lismith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Are any of the books compatible with kindle?
lismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Being E-book week, there are a lot of free e-books around...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Thanks! Always good to have lots of choices in vendors.

Also interesting how words have different connotations in different countries. In the US "scheme" has a negative meaning, usually associated with ludicrous or illegal activity. But I certainly understand how it is meant in this usage.

Good luck!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Thanks! Always good to have lots of choices in vendors.

Also interesting how words have different connotations in different countries. In the US "scheme" has a negative meaning, usually associated with ludicrous or illegal activity. But I certainly understand how it is meant in this usage.

Good luck!
I'll bear that in mind! You're right about differnt words as well - over here in Ireland we like a bit of crack (craic) but its not what you think it is!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I went to buy one of your books using the 1/2 price deal. I was told that I was getting 1/2 off, but the final total on the bottom of the page was the original amount.

I went to the next page to see if I would be told the amount charged to my credit card, but a number wasn't given and I wasn't willing to enter my information unless I was sure I was getting the 1/2 off.

I received an invoice in my mailbox for the correct amount, but the book is gone from my cart. The system needs a little work, I think.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I received an invoice in my mailbox for the correct amount, but the book is gone from my cart. The system needs a little work, I think.

You got further than I. I can't even register for an account because it requires a zip code, but there's no field in which to enter my zip code.

The alphabetical sort also doesn't seem to work, and once items are in my cart, it doesn't tell me what's in my cart! It just lists a line and tells me the format, but not the name of the book.

Last edited by queentess; 03-12-2010 at 04:33 PM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
You got further than I. I can't even register for an account because it requires a zip code, but there's no field in which to enter my zip code.

The alphabetical sort also doesn't seem to work, and once items are in my cart, it doesn't tell me what's in my cart! It just lists a line and tells me the format, but not the name of the book.
Hmm. There was a field for my zip code.

The site is very painfully slow, but I was able to search by being patient. I only put one book in my cart, so I knew what was there, but it disappeared and I think I've now lost my chance at the discount.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
I signed up and will shop tonight when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 AM   #10
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I went to buy one of your books using the 1/2 price deal. I was told that I was getting 1/2 off, but the final total on the bottom of the page was the original amount.

I went to the next page to see if I would be told the amount charged to my credit card, but a number wasn't given and I wasn't willing to enter my information unless I was sure I was getting the 1/2 off.

-Marcy
Hi Marcy.

Firstly, apologies for the slow response - I seem to have lost track of this post. I like to get back to people within 24 hours max.

I'm sorry you had difficulty with checkout. Honestly, this did seem to happen to a few people at this time, but we got it sorted quickly.

We are also working hard on the speed issue. We are adding a wishlist function today and hope to speed things up also.

Thanks for the comments
Gareth
Gareth
Old 03-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post

Hi Queentess.

Thanks for visiting the site and again, apologies for the delay in responding.

There is a field for zip in the registration page. We've even made it non-compulsory as many of our customers are from outside the US. Please feel to have a look again when you get the chance.

Thanks

Gareth
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Hi Marcy.

Firstly, apologies for the slow response - I seem to have lost track of this post. I like to get back to people within 24 hours max.
you might want to subscript to threads you are interested in. You can even get a notification by email if you want when a new messages is posted... but you don't have to. Then from the quick links menu above you can list subscribed to threads.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
you might want to subscript to threads you are interested in. You can even get a notification by email if you want when a new messages is posted... but you don't have to. Then from the quick links menu above you can list subscribed to threads.

BOb
Thanks Bob. I had it set to weekly notification. I've now changed to daily and am suitably chastised!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can I combine the 50% off the first book with the 25% off coupon?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can I combine the 50% off the first book with the 25% off coupon?
I just tried to apply the 25% coupon to a first-time purchase item (50% off) in my cart, and the system wouldn't take the additional coupon.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote