Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Remove Parargraph spacing

I want to remove the spacing that Calibre created with converting PRC to ePub...the check box in calibre isn't doing it.

I looked on the Sigil site and they said to add:

p {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

to the end of the CSS file.

I copied and pasted that...and it did nothing. This is driving me crazy, any help would be greatly appreciated! Why isn't there an easy way to convert things and keep them looking the same? UGH.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
shall1028
Nameless Being

Off the top of my head I'd say that in the (x)html files you'll find something like: <p class="calibre3"> (or some other number). Find that .calibre3 (or some other number) in the CSS file and make your margin and padding changes there.

Personally I wish Calibre dispensed with the whole <p class="x"> stuff and just used <p>.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PERFECT!!!

I noticed that when looking deeper, but didn't make the connection to edit the section...I removed the spacing in that section and PERFECT!

Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
I don't know if it's the same issue but I would like to know also how to remove the extra spacing created by too many paragraphs , ex:

Quote:
<p class="calibre2"> These are </p>

<p class="calibre2"> very short </p>

<p class="calibre2"> lines indeed</p>
Right now, I have to manually delete and join the lines, ideally I'd select a block of text and a magic hotkey/icon would get rid of all the tags but for the opening and closing ones.

Quote:
<p class="calibre2"> These are
very short lines indeed
</p>
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleccionista View Post
I don't know if it's the same issue but I would like to know also how to remove the extra spacing created by too many paragraphs , ex:

Right now, I have to manually delete and join the lines, ideally I'd select a block of text and a magic hotkey/icon would get rid of all the tags but for the opening and closing ones.
I cheated and used a Kensington "Expert Mouse" (really a trackball) that has 6 extra "Direct Launch" buttons that I pre-programed with frequent keystroke combinations I used in Sigil. (avoid paste mode, it overwrites anything in the "copy" buffer)

For the "un-split lines" button, I programed [space],[Delete], (some documents need a second [delete])
I set the extra mouse buttons to Page-Down and Page-Up.
Another button is set to insert a "dash"

I normally use the Kensington, faced backwards (I use the buttons only) with my Left hand and a regular mouse with my right hand (to place the insert point and regular clicks)
I can usually blast through a chapter in a few minutes, fixing wrap and hyphen issues

Last edited by theducks; 07-26-2015 at 12:39 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

You know, I just got your Signature there theducks: That's such a great game! LOL.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
Try on a backup first.

You could do a s&r regex, minimal match - in code view
(As long as the new paragraphs haven't got a class - if they have becomes more complicated)
search '([a-z]) </p>## <p>' replace with '\1 ' (without quotes)

notice the search has three spaces, and the replace has 1 space
also the two # should both be replaced with a copied carriage-return / linefeed characters (select and copy a blank line in codeview, appears like a highlighted space)

If the lines don't end in spaces you can remove the space before the '</p>' in the search term.
I also do a similar one, which does lines that end in a comma.

Hope this is understandable.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:

If your source file is lit, rtf, or html then try re-converting the file using Calibre, but enable the preprocess option under structure detection. If it's successful you'll probably still need to do a bit of hand editing, but the overall amount should be drastically reduced.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote