Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
abraum
Enthusiast
abraum began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
My own eBook in Moon Reader: Missing Chapters in Moon Reader

Hi,

i've created some eBooks in epub format and have some problems when reading the files in Moon Reader. There is a function in Moon Reader where i can see the chapters and bookmarks (if created). When i go to the "chapter view" in Moon Reader there are some chapters but they have all the same name and the name is the file name of the epub file. Some of them are linking to the beginning of a chapter some not. Is there a file in the epub thats used by Moon Reader to get the chapter information?

Thankx,
abraum
abraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:27 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraum View Post
Some of them are linking to the beginning of a chapter some not. Is there a file in the epub thats used by Moon Reader to get the chapter information?
Most likely there are formatting errors in your book. If you're a Calibre Editor user, you might want to check it by pressing F7 and have it fix all errors. You also might want to check your book with EPUBCheck, which is available as a plugin for Calibre Editor and Sigil.
You also might want to check your book with Adobe Digital Editions.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #3
abraum
Enthusiast

Check was ok, there are no errors.

I found a function to create a table of content in calibre editor. This works in Moon reader but some strange things happens. Lets say i have

page 1: cover
page 2: some information about the autor
page 3: first chapter

In the table of content i link to page 3. This works. But Moon reader merges page 1 and page 2 to one page and there is a new entry in the table of content which links to page 1. The name of this entry is the name of the epub file.

I don't what that. I don't need to link to the cover. I have had this in moon reader with other books before.

Can i create a table of content without numbers before every entry? Calibre creates <ol> and <li> tags. Of course i can change this into <h3> or so but every time i use calibre editor again i have <ol> and <li> tags.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Check was ok, there are no errors.

I found a function to create a table of content in calibre editor. This works in Moon reader but some strange things happens. Lets say i have

page 1: cover
page 2: some information about the autor
page 3: first chapter

In the table of content i link to page 3. This works. But Moon reader merges page 1 and page 2 to one page and there is a new entry in the table of content which links to page 1. The name of this entry is the name of the epub file.

I don't what that. I don't need to link to the cover. I have had this in moon reader with other books before.

Can i create a table of content without numbers before every entry? Calibre creates <ol> and <li> tags. Of course i can change this into <h3> or so but every time i use calibre editor again i have <ol> and <li> tags.
But how does this work in Adobe Digital Editions? My guess is this is a Moon+ issue because Moon+ does not follow the code all that well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #5
abraum
Enthusiast

I'm on Linux and there is no ADE for Linux.
Advert
Old 09-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
IIRC, you can run ADE 1.7.2 with Wine.
Azardi Reader is also available for Linux.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
IIRC, you can run ADE 1.7.2 with Wine.
Azardi Reader is also available for Linux.
ADE 1.7.2 does not count nor does it matter. The lowest version that does count/matter is 2.0.1.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
If you are going to make eBooks, then you'll need Windows so you can use ADE.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are going to make eBooks, then you'll need Windows so you can use ADE.
I don't do windows.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you are going to make ePub eBooks, you'll need to run Widows even if just dual-booting. Sorry, but you need to test with ADE.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are going to make ePub eBooks, you'll need to run Widows even if just dual-booting. Sorry, but you need to test with ADE.
I don't do windows.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:19 AM   #12
abraum
Enthusiast

For what do i need ADE? What can only Windows do what Linux can't?

Quote:
My guess is this is a Moon+ issue because Moon+ does not follow the code all that well.
I will test an other ebook reader. I also think its a moonreader problem?
Old 09-25-2020, 06:54 AM   #13
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
For what do i need ADE?
Despite a number of bugs it's a pretty good epub2 reference implementation.
If the oldest ADE version displays your book fine other apps should too.

Quote:
What can only Windows do what Linux can't?
Run Windows-only games smoothly.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post

Run Windows-only games smoothly.
Yes, even MS Edge is coming to Linux now that they scrapped their own Edge and wrapped Edge branding on Chrome/Chromium.
I'm told Office 360 mostly works in a browser on Linux.

Though even the new in November 2020 Xbox and PS5 might be cheaper for games than a high end really smooth Windows PC.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:05 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also I looked at Moon and found that Lithium better implements epub, can look the same as epub on Kobo.
It won't install on my oldest Android phone, I have Aldiko for that. It also seems to render properly. You need to connect to server only once on first start.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote