Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
addepalli1
addepalli1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY READER PRS 500, Kindle DX
2 Column support for reading journal papers

Hello Kovid and all others. Do you know any easy way for converting two column pdf files for Kindle DX using calibre. I must say that i am so much used to calibre now that i wish it was a feature.
Rangam
addepalli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by addepalli1 View Post
Hello Kovid and all others. Do you know any easy way for converting two column pdf files for Kindle DX using calibre. I must say that i am so much used to calibre now that i wish it was a feature.
Rangam
A new pdf conversion plugin is in development. I recall reading that it will have improved handling for two column pdf's.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah it already handles multi column PDF files. I just need to find the time to finish it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
addepalli1
addepalli1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY READER PRS 500, Kindle DX
Hello kovid any thing we ( several of us who need this feature) can do to help...
addepalli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not unless you're willing to code
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert