Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Best Chinese & Japanese font for contentlister

I found a really good quality font for contentlister to display Chinese (traditional and simplified) and Japanese glyphs. It's rather large, I have to install it in memory card.

http://my-net.cc/weblog/post/144/
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Lazycat
Enthusiast
Lazycat began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Good news! After the recent firmware upgrade (2.12), the contentlister can show Chinese characters now!
Lazycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 AM   #3
kkttmm3
kkttmm3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for giving the link to the font.

But I put the mac_font.rar files into CF /fonts folder.
I still got the problem of booting the device. After the boot screen, the screen goes BLACK and nothing comes up. Anyone got the same issue?
Or anyone can provide a procedure for installing fonts?

Many thanks.
Cheers,
Kenny

Note: I got a reply from tech support. They just said that there is a chinese font installed and it should be okay. No more details and no more instruction.
But I still got the same issue of displaying UTF8 chinese html file.... so bad bad support.
kkttmm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

1. The file in that link is password protected archive. Unpack it with password provided on that webpage.

2. Displaying non-western glyphs, even though UTF-8 encoded, in html file is still a problem not solved, I think.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
kkttmm3
kkttmm3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Eric.

Yes, I mean the extracted files (LiHei ProPC.ttf, MACGRAND.PFB, MACGRAND.PFM, Lucida Grande.ttf, Lucida Grande Bold.ttf) to the cf /fonts folder.
I also tried LiHei ProPC.ttf only.
My problem is that it boots and switched to a BLACK screen and still loading for very long time.. not sure this is the expected behavior?
How long should it takes to boot?

Thanks.
Kenny
kkttmm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
ericshliao
Guru

The file that I downloaded is the one a little bit belower in that page, "iLiHei.rar".
Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttmm3 View Post
My problem is that it boots and switched to a BLACK screen and still loading for very long time.. not sure this is the expected behavior?
How long should it takes to boot?
Your iLiad has hung. I got a similar result see Problem reading UTF8 Chinese HTML files which includes how I recovered from the problem. Note that you should only use the .ttf files, and I think there are some files with extension .ttf which are actually .otf fonts (and probably won't work). I would also remove all spaces from font filenames before adding them to the iLiad.

The bottom line is that it should be possible to add your own fonts to the iLiad, but this does not always work. This seems to be due to a bug in the iLiad's boot sequence.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote