Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
Reader freezes

Hello,

I checked the previous threads, but none did really fit to my problem.

It happened to me now three times, that when I want to turn my PRS 650 on, it does not respond and the screen keeps its hibernate picture. Even plugging it on the PC doesn't change anything, I have to do a soft reset. After the soft reset it works fine, it just has not save my last position in the ebook.

It first appeared after switching to PRS Plus, but after an uninstall of PRS Plus it also happened.

Can someone tell me what I could do to fix this?

Thank you!
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Have you tried to do a hard reset? Back up anything on it first, hard reset deletes everything on the reader. But it fixes a lot of stuff as well.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How can I prepare that? What do back up?

How can I save my DRM authorization? I hope, I can still open my purchased books afterwards.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Is it a good hack, PRS+ ?
and isn't it a bit of a problem should you have to make a warranty claim?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax View Post
How can I prepare that? What do back up?

How can I save my DRM authorization? I hope, I can still open my purchased books afterwards.
The books from Sony are in your Sony account. On my 950 I log in to the account on the device and download all of it there. With the 650 you should be able to put them back on using whatever software you use to manage your library.

The hard reset doesn't deauthorize the reader, so your Adobe DRM thingy and the authorization through Sony will still be there.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since owning my 650 for not much over a year, it's only locked up once needing to hit the reset button.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Pax
Zealot

A hard reset didn't go the job, it still freezed (now during reading). What to do?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
cread1234
cread1234 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-650
Bit of a different problem for the sony 650 I have had the ereader for a year now had no problems but a few days ago I couldnt open any books from the reader icon on my laptop. I tried to re download the books from the reader store. It looks like it is downloading but when I click on books or try to click on the thumbnail view there is nothing. I still see the books on my ereader. Very strange it is driving me crazy trying to fix it.
cread1234 is offline   Reply With Quote