Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #211
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I spoke too early... The two bugs (tile of the last book read on the SD card not showing after powering off and on again) and page number in right margin showing even when not asked are still there. I began a new book (I was 8% in it when the update happened) so I don't know if it's book related or not, but base on my previous experience with those bugs, I'd rather think it's not related. I can cope with that for the moment, but if there was a solution to worabout... At least, no more font size change with every knew chapter (for the moment)
I might have spoken to soon as well. I haven't had any issues with the tiles, but, I don't use the SD card much. But, the margin page number is appearing and disappearing. It seems to absent when I open a book, but appears later. I don't have a pattern yet.

As to the comments on "peterfor", I don't think I'd better comment
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #212
Amaterasu88
Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Glo
The PDF zooming problem

I downloaded and instaled the 2.8.1 and the problem with pdf's and e-comic's has been fixed, this bug was really annoying me.
Amaterasu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #213
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Noo....... Me and Davidfor now combined into one entity!
No merging, I want to rename you all. Now you are PeterVersa and you ViceT, ok?

@viceversa: About number in margins, I also had for a while another setting that get reset after reboot, the light indicator aspect. One day Kobo decided generously to accept my choice.

@Amaterasu88: do you mean the refresh bug?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #214
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Unconfirmed Bugs

Bug: Books on external SD are removed from home after reboot
Device: Glo
From Firmware: 2.6.1

Bug: Some settings are lost after reboot
From Firmware: 2.4.0
See also https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...25#post2578025

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 07-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #215
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Confirmed and updated:

Bug: Metadata: publisher name and ISBN code not displayed in book details (epub)
Device: Touch

(A bug signaled in two different threads... and I had to read a thread with 14 pages. This is why new threads should be created )
Old 07-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #216
Amaterasu88
Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
No merging, I want to rename you all. Now you are PeterVersa and you ViceT, ok?

@viceversa: About number in margins, I also had for a while another setting that get reset after reboot, the light indicator aspect. One day Kobo decided generously to accept my choice.

@Amaterasu88: do you mean the refresh bug?
yep, it ramains for me in the 2.6.1b
Amaterasu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #217
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Confirmed and updated:

Bug: Metadata: publisher name and ISBN code not displayed in book details (epub)
Device: Touch

(A bug signaled in two different threads... and I had to read a thread with 14 pages. This is why new threads should be created )
Surely this is more of a missing feature, than a bug. A bug is something not working as designed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #218
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Surely this is more of a missing feature, than a bug. A bug is something not working as designed.
I've never actually noticed this feature. But if it never worked it is a missing feature. If it used to work and stopped working it is far closer to a bug in that I doubt they would purposely design it away.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #219
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
It's a bit of both. The published date was being read before 2.3.1. I thought the publisher was being read, but my notes imply it wasn't (notes that you've seen a lot of times). I don't think the ISBN was ever read.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #220
joebananas
joebananas began at the beginning.

Glo light switch operation intermittent bug

Product: Glo
Firmware: 2.8.1

Since firmware update, I have experienced intermittent faulty light switch operation. It would turn the light off, but not on. For this, I had to go into brightness setting and select another percentage. This would turn the light on at the new percentage brightness (which I could then change back to the required value). This bug did not show itself immediately after upgrade, but after an hour or so of operation. Using the Glo after several hours in sleep I found that the problem had resolved itself, however after a brief sleep (initiated via power switch) the problem has returned.

CatherineStewart has also experienced this bug - #43 here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2575555
joebananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #221
stefano.p
stefano.p has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stefano.p has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stefano.p has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Kobo Glo gets stuck when using the TOC to jump to a certain chapter.

Bug: Kobo Glo gets stuck when using the TOC to jump to a certain chapter
From firmware: 2.8.1
stefano.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #222
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
you can confirm bugs for books on sd...i've the touch and the problems are here too... plus, the kobo doesn't memorize the book currently reading on shutdown
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #223
Mutisk
Mutisk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mutisk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mutisk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini
New bug(?):
Wireless (wifi) is shut down prematurely on restricted network connections.

Kobo Mini:
Firmware 2.8.1:
No plugins or files necessary:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Attempt to connect with a wifi accesspoint that does not give internet access.
Current result: Wifi is disconnected prematurely
Workaround: None currently

This matters because it makes it impossible to use the Kobo on many hotels, libraries and internet cafe's. Whenever you need to use the browser to enter creditentials.
Mutisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #224
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sideloaded hyphenation dictionaries not detected by Access kepub renderer

Product: All Kobo devices
Firmware: All, at least from 2.5.1 and up
Plugins: n.a.
File types: kepub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: real kepub/user generated kepub
On external SD: n.a.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Install an OpenOffice compliant hyphenation dictionary
  2. Steps to install are found here
Current result: hyphenation dictionary works with regular (Adobe) epubs but not with kepubs. While the native installed hyphenation dictionaries are shared, meaning also used by the Access (kepub) renderer, sideloaded dictionaries are not. The Adobe renderer seems to have a lookup feature to detect sideloaded hyphenation files which the Access renderer seems to lack.
Workaround: none/unknown

Last edited by Anak; 08-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #225
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I really have a hard time with some of these issues that people call BUGS. Nowhere have Kobo EVER stated that replacing of hyphenation dictionaries should work, or that hyphenation is user controllable in any way shape or form.

Yet people claim this to be a BUG....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app