Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #91
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've still got a soft spot for the Thornton W. Burgess books like the Adventures of Buster Bear, Uncle Billy Possum, etc. I've still got about twenty of the original books at home and I was happy to find a lot of the Burgess stories on Project Gutenberg.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #92
anjirlly
Groupie
anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle on Android phone; PB360; Sony 950
Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsong and Dragonsinger. Loved the idea of fire lizards and the heroine's talent and hard work ultimately commanding respect.
anjirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #93
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater.
The current movie has little to do with the book except for the concept and the title.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #94
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
DUMBO !!

(Little elephant with big ears........ which means he flies !!! )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #95
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjirlly View Post
Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsong and Dragonsinger. Loved the idea of fire lizards and the heroine's talent and hard work ultimately commanding respect.
Me, too.

I also loved the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #96
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Most memorable for me seems to be

Stewart Little
Charlotte's Web
Where the Red Fern Grows
All the Chronicles of Narnia
Where the Sidewalk Ends and A Light in the Attic
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #97
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
No mention yet of anything by Alexander Key.

How about;

The Forgotten Door
Escape To Witch Mountain
Return From Witch Mountain
The Case Of The Vanishing Boy
The Sword Of Aradel

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #98
melaniejaxn
Enthusiast
melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Lona, A Fairy Tale by Dare Wright. Great story and gorgeous pictures.
melaniejaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #99
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This is a very interesting thread brought back to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
DUMBO !! (Little elephant with big ears........ which means he flies !!! )
I liked the Babar the Elephant books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
No mention yet of anything by Alexander Key.
Escape to Witch Mountain was a book? I just remember the Disney movie. It was one of my favorites! Twins that could do magic? Cool!

My favorite books were:
The Little Princess & A Secret Garden
All of the Oz books (my mom used to read them to me at bedtime - good memories!)
Elsie Piddock Skips in Her Sleep - I'll never forget that skipping rhyme
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Nancy Drew, The Bobbsey Twins and The Boxcar Children
Little Women

I don't think anyone's mentioned Judy Blume yet.

I was never that interested in Little House (even though I loved the TV series) or Anne of Green Gables.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #100
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniejaxn View Post
Lona, A Fairy Tale by Dare Wright. Great story and gorgeous pictures.
Oh, how I loved that book, my sister has our childhood copy of it. So gorgeous. I loved Dare Wright.

Secret Garden
Little Women
Bobbsey Twins
Nancy Drew
Indian Captive
Little House series
Narnia series
The Oz books
almost everything by Beverly Cleary
Black Stallion books
all Marguerite Henry's books, especially King of the Wind
My favorite books of all were my mother's set of My Book House Books, the set of 12 that went from In the Nursery to Halls of Fame. I read them more than anything else over my childhood years.
They were full of literature and poetry, nothing dumbed down, just pure reading of the most exemplary kind.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #101
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
the original dragonlance trilogy....

i don't ever remember reading "kids" books. maybe encyclopedia brown and the danny dunn series but that's about it.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #102
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Robinson Crusoe, and I still read it about every ten years.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #103
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool scifi

Five Against Venus: A Science Fiction Novel: Philip Latham
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #104
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
The Count of Monte Cristo
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #105
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
the original dragonlance trilogy....
Oh man, this this this. Raistlin is still fascinating. This way the gateway to Ravenloft books for me. Too bad that didn't last.

Honorable mention to The Thief of Always by Clive Barker.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote