Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
babyduckie484
babyduckie484 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S (moon Reader+ pro)
File name changing.

Okay I'm having issues I can name my files one thing but it will change it to a shorter version.

Example

Coleman Family 01 - Sunset Embrace Will become
Coleman Family 01 - Sunset Emb

Is there a way to fix this?

I convert to Mobi's and on a kindle they show full name but in my Moon+ it shows it short
babyduckie484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You cannot control the folder and file names within the library folders, see the following

Want to change the folder structure of the Calibre library?

Why doesn’t calibre let me store books in my own directory structure?

The file names are shortened and ascii-ized to cope with the limitations of the various operating and file systems calibre supports.

These issues are non-negotiable. However you have extensive control over naming and folder structures via the templates used in Send to Device and Save to Disk features.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
As noted, the original structure cannot be changed for Calibre management files.
However, you can Save to Disk using a custom file name setup.
Prefs/Saving Books to Disk/Save Template field... here is mine:

{author} -{series} {series_index:||-}{#series2}{#series2_index:||-}{#series3}{#series3_index:||-} {title} {#words:,d|(|wds}{#time:|_|hrAvgRd)}{#audiotime:|( |audiobk)}

You can delete what you don't use. Delete the entire group that starts and ends with {} or modify as desired. If you don't have the custom # fields, you can either easily omit them or let them be. They will not show up if the info doesn't exist.

I use my own ebook reader on a tablet and prefer to know all of this info when picking a book so I save a "reading list" like this via Save to Disk that ends up on my tablet and makes browsing files perfect.

Last edited by jecilop; 11-24-2015 at 08:51 PM.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote