Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #76
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Well I originally downloaded this because it was recommend by many as the example [here at Mobilread] of what could be done with the EPUB format. I wanted to dissect (unzip) it for tips and tricks. It did provide a lot of that. Then between other reading I was looking for a light and quick read and actually treated it as just a book.. Surprisingly good. As the author stated no ambitions to be great literature, but really funny.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #77
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Well I originally downloaded this because it was recommend by many as the example [here at Mobilread] of what could be done with the EPUB format. I wanted to dissect (unzip) it for tips and tricks. It did provide a lot of that. Then between other reading I was looking for a light and quick read and actually treated it as just a book.. Surprisingly good. As the author stated no ambitions to be great literature, but really funny.
i'm glad you liked the book, hamlet. it's one of my favourites. i had to stop reading it in public because i can't help laughing and people stare.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #78
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm glad you liked the book, hamlet. it's one of my favourites. i had to stop reading it in public because i can't help laughing and people stare.

especially if you're in London, instead of Paris ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #79
jonsbjons
Connoisseur
jonsbjons doesn't litterjonsbjons doesn't litter

Device: PBook301
It's amazing! May be you have also the "Three men on bicycles"?
jonsbjons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #80
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsbjons View Post

you mean Three Men on the Bummel

?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #81
jonsbjons
Connoisseur
jonsbjons doesn't litterjonsbjons doesn't litter

Device: PBook301
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
you mean Three Men on the Bummel

?
Most likely, yes.
jonsbjons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #82
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Not sure if anyone showed you yet Zelda, but here is your book on the iPad:

kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #83
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsbjons View Post
i'm glad you enjoyed it jonsbjons ! i don't have "Three men on bicycles" but if you find a source for the text could you post a link here ? thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Not sure if anyone showed you yet Zelda, but here is your book on the iPad:
thank you very much kjk for that image ! i've not yet been able to play with an ipad (although i did get to see one in person for about 30 seconds...) so i've not yet seen how iBooks works. i'm glad to see it seems to do a good job with the css rendering !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #84
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm glad you enjoyed it jonsbjons ! i don't have "Three men on bicycles" but if you find a source for the text could you post a link here ? thanks !
Here is a link to the Gutenberg page for 'Three Men On The Bummel':

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2183

It's not copyright in the US, but as the page suggests, check your local copyright laws for this title...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #85
GeoffC

I am impressed with the iPad's rendering of this wonderful book ... shame the device is a little overly large for 'light reading'.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #86
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Here is a link to the Gutenberg page for 'Three Men On The Bummel':

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2183

It's not copyright in the US, but as the page suggests, check your local copyright laws for this title...

So we can expect you to provide the ePub version for us ?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #87
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
So we can expect you to provide the ePub version for us ?
Actually I'm making an FB2 version (my preferred format), but I can try my hand at ePub. Somebody above asked for where the text was, so I did a quick look and provided a link. Be warned any version I create will not be anywhere near as beautiful as the illustrated 'Three Men In A Boat' provided by this thread!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #88
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Actually I'm making an FB2 version (my preferred format), but I can try my hand at ePub. Somebody above asked for where the text was, so I did a quick look and provided a link. Be warned any version I create will not be anywhere near as beautiful as the illustrated 'Three Men In A Boat' provided by this thread!

that one set a standard few of us amateurs could emulate without a few ZCDs, chocolate, doughnuts and a long massage...[in no partiicular order of merit].
Old 05-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #89
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Just loaded this onto my newly acquired Nook.

Very nice book. Amazing what you can do with a bit of work.

Thanks Zelda...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #90
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I haven't read the book nor checked for errors. (I see you've gotten along without my "help")
This is beautifully formatted. I love the fonts, dropcaps, and the way text flows around the illustrations. Well done, brilliant!
This is the sort of thing I am looking for in eBooks.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote