Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Leesterz
Leesterz began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Dualbook
Working with game emulators

Hey all,

I've been testing out some emulators on slideme.org and found a few. Got the Gameboy Color and Super Nintendo emulators to work and works great.

My problem is with the Gameboy Advanced emulator. None of the roms runs for me, has anyone had any luck with a GBA emulator? May it be that the hardware isn't strong enough for the PE? The games aren't 3d, but they are a bit more detailed than GBC...

Thanks,
Leesterz
Leesterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesterz View Post
Hey all,

I've been testing out some emulators on slideme.org and found a few. Got the Gameboy Color and Super Nintendo emulators to work and works great.

My problem is with the Gameboy Advanced emulator. None of the roms runs for me, has anyone had any luck with a GBA emulator? May it be that the hardware isn't strong enough for the PE? The games aren't 3d, but they are a bit more detailed than GBC...

Thanks,
Leesterz
You got The Super Nintendo Emulator to work? I got the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Gameboy one to work, but pre-tell which SNES Emulator worked and how?

As for GBA emulators, I've tried 4 and all of them failed even after getting that one file that they ask for (I can't think of the name of it for the life of me). I figured it was a graphics ordeal. It would load up to the point of trying to start up the game, then I got kicked out and it ran in the background until I stopped it.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
dylan1235
dylan1235 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
buttons

hey fellas
i was playing around with gensoid and nesoid.
They both work but i cant get a good button configuration. i use the edge with the eink side on the right.
just wondering how u guys are playing these (with success) and the buttons and orientation that u are using.
i cant get the home menu or rotate buttons to work as game buttons.

thanks
dylan1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
mokel22
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1235 View Post
hey fellas
i was playing around with gensoid and nesoid.
They both work but i cant get a good button configuration. i use the edge with the eink side on the right.
just wondering how u guys are playing these (with success) and the buttons and orientation that u are using.
i cant get the home menu or rotate buttons to work as game buttons.

thanks
For buttons your very well screwed without a USB keyboard or the like. I tried plugging in a usb controller (logitech dualshock) but that did not work either. I do not believe anyone has rerouted the buttons yet, but even then I do not believe you could get them to work with the emulators.

Moral of the story: You will need a usb keyboard if you want to do any serious gaming (Unless someone can find a controller that works for the Edge).
Old 07-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
Moral of the story: You will need a usb keyboard if you want to do any serious gaming (Unless someone can find a controller that works for the Edge).
The iControlPad should work with most, you can get them here: link, its a bit expensive, but works with almost anything with bluetooth.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
dylan1235
dylan1235 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
The iControlPad should work with most, you can get them here: link, its a bit expensive, but works with almost anything with bluetooth.
that is pretty sick but i think i will have to wait untill a cheaper alternative comes around..

thanks for the reply
dylan1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1235 View Post
that is pretty sick but i think i will have to wait untill a cheaper alternative comes around..

thanks for the reply
yeah, I've been thinking about making my own that would use real analog sticks, and be hardwired(probably android/PC only though), it would be significantly less expensive, but wouldn't look as nice.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
mokel22
Zealot

I'm practically crying right now, but you can use a wiimote to play games on the edge
here's an nice thread about using the wiimote: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=672884
Here's how I got it to work.
(I used nesoid, so it shouldn't be too different for another device)
1. follow the steps on that thread
2. pick the wiimote as your input again in the edge settings
3. map the keys through the settings in nesoid (menu>settings>input settings>keymapping)
4. go to menu>other settings and check off use input method

I heard that the wiimote will stop working after 30 minutes of use due to the developer wanting us to buy the full version, but IDK if that resets with every use or you need to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work again. I'm going off to play double dragon II peace =p

Oh and I still would like to know which SNES emulator you got working leesterz, I've been hankering to get some tetris attack in on the edge =p.
Also, does anyone have a classic controller for the wii and could they test if that works with this, it would be nice for any other system than the NES and GB
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mokel22; 08-03-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
Leesterz
Leesterz began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Dualbook
SNesoid

Quote:
Oh and I still would like to know which SNES emulator you got working leesterz, I've been hankering to get some tetris attack in on the edge =p.
Thanks in advance.
I'm using SNesoid by yongzh. I got it from Slideme.com, here's the link: http://slideme.org/application/snesoid

It didn't work for me at first, but then I put my PE into airplane mode and it worked. Now, it works whether in airplane mode or not... played about 2 hours of Chrono Trigger.

I hope it works for you too!
-Leesterz
Leesterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
mokel22
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesterz View Post
I'm using SNesoid by yongzh. I got it from Slideme.com, here's the link: http://slideme.org/application/snesoid

It didn't work for me at first, but then I put my PE into airplane mode and it worked. Now, it works whether in airplane mode or not... played about 2 hours of Chrono Trigger.

I hope it works for you too!
-Leesterz
Thanks Leesterz, I've tried SNesoid before and it wouldn't work, but I'll try your methods and download.
Thanks for the help!
[edit] could not get it to work with any of my games. I tried playing around with the edges settings and the emulators settings to no avail. Can you think of anything else that could have triggered the app working. I'm going to power down and see if I can play it after a restart.
[edit] still nothing

Last edited by mokel22; 08-03-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
zephyrjs
zephyrjs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
See note here to get SNesoid working on the eDGe:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151232

"Under other settings in Snesoid check use "C" core."

This worked for me.
zephyrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
zephyrjs
zephyrjs began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Also, does anyone have a classic controller for the wii and could they test if that works with this, it would be nice for any other system than the NES and GB
Thanks in advance.
Neither the classic controller nor nunchuk currently works with the Pocket eDGe. I wrote to the developer. (The classic controller does work with my phone.)
zephyrjs is offline   Reply With Quote