Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Simply Delightful

Ok....I know some of you might think I'm crazy but I just checked out a book from the library and I didn't even have to leave the house!!! I am browsing the ebook collections of both libraries I belong to and comparing them to my shelfari account, and putting books I want to read on my wishlist. Well I was surprised to find this true crime book that caught my attention because it takes place in Detroit, MI. which is where my boyfriend lives. I said "HEY! I want to read that!! and 3 minutes later it's in my reader!! How awesome is that?!?! I've had this thing 2 days and have loaded several books already, but I still can't get over this amazing gadget!!

Just had to share my delight.

Kelly
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to complete addiction Kelly. I love going on a trip and holding 60 books in the palm of my hand.

And I didn't get a Sony 505 so I could sneak in a chapter or two at work without my boss knowing what I was up to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Isn't it brilliant? I've had mine for almost a year and I still can't get over how awesome it is
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I'm still majorly impressed by my reader and I've had it for almost a year now. Honestly, I have more books loaded on it than I could read in the next year, but I'm still looking out for new material to put on it.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
Hi Kelly! I also share in your delight.

I have checked out several ebooks from my library and it never ceases to amaze me how cool that really is. Even though the reflow with the PDFs can be goofy, it was really not a problem getting used to it. After all, it's free and I can't complain with free!

So many free books and so little time.........

I hope you enjoy your reader!
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I really need to check out this whole library angle. I've heard rumors one of the local libraries here loans out ebooks...

I've had my 505 for a year and a half now, and besides adoring it, I am totally addicted to it, and get anxious if I find I don't have it with me... Plane travel is SO MUCH easier with so much reading material at my fingertips.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I *so* love checking out library books online. I have 82 books in there right now and it makes me feel so safe to know that even if I get shipwrecked (an incredible feat, since I'm not planning to go anywhere on a ship in the near future), I will still have reading material... for at least a week or two...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote