Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
Bob.Zune
Bob.Zune began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Hi from Iowa

Hello All, from near the cornfields of Iowa.

I have hung out here for a few months to do research before buying my first eBook reader, a Cybook Gen3. My primary purpose is to read the Project Gutenberg texts, the Internet Sacred Text archives, and some of my own text files.

Thank you all for posting your experiences and for helping others!

A month or so ago, I bought a couple of Sony 505s to give to my friend's kids and they seem to enjoy them.

The current generation eBooks have some way to go, but in 1-2 years, I hope they become much more mainstream so we can save some trees too, in the process.
Bob.Zune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings! Welcome to the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Bob. I own a Kindle and am very happy with it. I hope you've discovered that many of the PG texts have been formatted into MobiPocket books. Many of those being offered here at MobileRead have even been enhanced by improving the typography (em-dashes, curly quotes, true italics, etc.). Some of the books uploaded by volunteers here are even illustrated. I haven't surveyed the MobileRead directory of available eBooks to see how many would have come from the Internet Sacred Text Library, though I did point someone to the web site a short while ago.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello fellow Iowan Bob.Zune, hope your out of the flood zone
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Bob.Zune and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Bob.Zune
Bob.Zune began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Hello fellow Iowan Bob.Zune, hope your out of the flood zone
Well, actually NE side of CR, so thankfully, not affected by all that flood.

Thank you all for the welcome messages (that is a yall all).
Bob.Zune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Zune View Post
Well, actually NE side of CR, so thankfully, not affected by all that flood.

Thank you all for the welcome messages (that is a yall all).
Glad to hear you're dry. My nephew lives in Marion, so they're dry. But he works for the power company and his job is to design and maintain all the power substations, so he's going to be quite busy. He said that he had three substations borked by the water and an assitional for are threatened. I hear that Quaker got flooded. I'm sure THAT smells good!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #8
Duodora
Enthusiast
Duodora began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook!
Oh, hello I'm from South Dakota...so, same part of the country!
Duodora is offline   Reply With Quote