Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #121
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
A bonus is I can remove these ebooks from Calibre and reclaim back that space. Granted though it is only about 100MB of space.
Do you have a local backup of the books somewhere else?
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #122
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Do you have a local backup of the books somewhere else?
You mean something that I would trust more than Amazon? No.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #123
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I would back them up on Disc at least. I keep multiple backup of my books. Dropbox, Externals and Discs.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #124
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Do you think Amazon is still committed to including Kindle Android App access to personal documents?

I can see that they now advertise that it works with the iPhone/iPad apps, but not Android yet.

The only reason I would find this service desirable is if I could sync non-Amazon files across my devices/apps which is the one thing I can't do.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #125
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I would back them up on Disc at least. I keep multiple backup of my books. Dropbox, Externals and Discs.
They will stay on my dropbox until I need the space.

however, all of these books I could also re-download from the place I originally bought them on demand. So, that could also be considered a backup.

BOb
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #126
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Do you think Amazon is still committed to including Kindle Android App access to personal documents?

I can see that they now advertise that it works with the iPhone/iPad apps, but not Android yet.

The only reason I would find this service desirable is if I could sync non-Amazon files across my devices/apps which is the one thing I can't do.
I'd also like to see them support personal documents in the Cloud Reader.

However, I can't use sync since I share my Amazon account with my Wife/Kids. In the event that we read the same book... (not often but it happens) syncing messes us up.

I keep hoping Amazon will create sync groups so you can specify certain devices among which you want stuff synced. for example, I could put my Kindle/Phone/CloudReader into a group to sync with each other only.

BOb
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #127
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I do something similar. Dropbox, External HD and Flash Drive.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #128
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
The Android app was updated today and now supports the Personal Documents feature.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #129
zooterkin
zooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi + 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
This is an on-going issue.......I talked to/email Amazon w/ some suggestions to make Pers. Docs. more flexible...give'em your feedback.

For now, I'm manually deleting "news" I don't want on Pers Docs.........not a great solution.
Is there any efficient way to do this? I've just noticed (after the latest update to the Android Amazon client) that I have over 300 old news updates from Calibre. The "Manage Your Kindle" page at Amazon shows only 15 at a time, and only lets you delete one at a time. Is there any quicker option than this? And is there a way to stop news from Calibre being stored in the first place (but not other personal documents)? I read through this thread, and didn't spot the answers to those questions, but apologies if they were there and I missed them.
zooterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #130
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
I've two wishes: (1) that they would integrate the personal docs feature with Amazon Cloud Drive [emailing books is awkward] (2) That Amazon Cloud Reader supported personal docs. Then I would give up ePub for good...
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #131
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
I've two wishes: (1) that they would integrate the personal docs feature with Amazon Cloud Drive [emailing books is awkward] (2) That Amazon Cloud Reader supported personal docs. Then I would give up ePub for good...
I have these same wishes as well.

BOb