Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Warlocks
Warlocks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
2 Monitors & Widescreen Full Page

Hey Y'All;

Concern #1:
Until I upgraded from Version 8.42 to 8.46 My Calibre books opened in full widescreen on my 48" Sony T.V. (Monitor 2 on my ATI Display Manager - Monitor 1 is my 22" Dell monitor). But, now my books open on my Desktop Monitor 1 in about 1/4 screen. So, I now have to move the4 window and click the full screen box to get my books how I want them to display.

What is my solution to this monitor display issue?? Am I going to run into it every time I upgrade my version of Calibre - I believe Version 8.50 is now ready.

Concern #2:
When I open the eBooks up as I like them on my T.V. I tried to use the Fullscreen Toggle button on the left hand side of the screen between the Table of Contents and Previous Page Toggle Buttons. The Page does a very quick cycle of formats but always ends up on (and stays on) a thin strip of lines from the book that only covers about 1/3 of the screen. The borders & buttons are gone but I actually have much less words on the screen. One image of the quick cycle the screen goes through before ending as I described is one with no borders and the printed words covering the entire widescreen of the Television.

I know many video programs use the Esc key to toggle on & off fullscreen displays. I use my 8 button mouse to change pages back and forth & use the wheel as a toggle by pressing in and out or left and right.

Is there a setting for a Toggle On & Off widescreen look without borders & buttons?

Concern #3:
One other minor concern that occurred with my upgrade to version 8.46 was with the main logon screen. I now have a new column to the left of the book numbers and Titles. In this column is a list of items that includes Authors, Languages, Series, Formats, etc.... Clicking on the Avatar highlights in a god-awful pea green books that it covers. I NEVER use This column so I drag everything over on top of it after I turn off the highlighting. But, it is there the next time I log on to Calibre.

How do I toggle off this column?

Warlocks

Last edited by Warlocks; 05-04-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: forgot something
Warlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2: Click preferences in the viewer and increase the max width in full screen mode

3: You can hide the Tag Browser by clicking the little button at the bottom right of the screen. Once you hide the Tag browser it stays hidden on calibre restarts, unless you are doing something that is causing you to loose your calibre preferences during an upgrade. Like using calibre portable and not migrating the settings folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Warlocks
Warlocks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unbelievable!! Mr Calibre Hisownself answered my concerns. Mark me down as suitably impressed - And Many Thanks!!
Warlocks is offline   Reply With Quote