Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
illustrata
Enthusiast
illustrata began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle
Controlling cross-platform image display

Hi, still in midst of my coding muddle trying to create an epub that will convert predictably to a .mobi file for Kindle etc. These questions fall into the image category...

I'd to include an image after every chapter title, and make sure they both always appear on a single page. Is there any way to make sure the image scales to stay on the same page as the title, and sill have it be large enough to zoom on a device that supports that?

Then, i'm creating a list with images that float left inside an indented div, but still having them be zoomable to their full size (about 300px wide). What I have works great in epubreader on Firefox and on the iPad, but the Kindle version is displayed full size right away.

(Do I understand correctly that .mobi/Kindle is only html, and that what I end up with there will depend on the how Calibre (for example) interprets the epub style sheet?)

I can supply code and stuff if need be. Feeling kinda buried under all this -- so thanks for any help at all.
illustrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
photoluminations
photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Here's my approach:

Define the image as 100% of the container. e.g., width=100%, height= (blank, do not define it) Make sure by computing or evaluating on screen that the corresponding depth of the image will fit in the available space. (Compare height/width ratios).

If the page is too deep, it will break someplace.

Last edited by photoluminations; 10-22-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: enter missing word
photoluminations is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
convert, epub, image size, mobi