Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Kohinoor91
Kohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: pocketbook622touch
Problem with Pocketbook622 touch

Hello, im new in this forum, so i apologise if there is a discussion about my problem and i didn't saw it. So i bought a new pocketbook622 touch connect it with the PC, it start charging but when try to send some books to my device, on removable disk G/F it says "please insert disk in driver G/F". The USB port of the PC is active, it charges the reader, but still I can't use it to transfer books. My OS is WinXP, i've used the USB port before for different occasions, so i guess there must be some trick with the reader. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
Kohinoor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Before you connect your PocketBook to your PC, make sure it is up and running. Then when you connect the cable a message will show onn the screen of your PocketBook asking you whether you want to charge or link to the PC. Select the latter, and your PC will see your reader and you'll be able to send books to your device.

The order of steps is important. If you first connect the PocketBook to the PC and then power it up it will only charge.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Kohinoor91
Kohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of lightKohinoor91 is a glorious beacon of light

I update the firmware, so with some troubles it can connect somehow, but when I try to find the folder called "system" to put some pdf viewer, i dont see nothing. I connect the PC and the reader, enter in Pocketbook622(device F) enter there, and nothing just 1 folder called photos, and it's empty, i tried to create a folder called "system" but says to me, there is already such folder, so I kind of stucked here, i could use some help. Sorry for bothering and thanks for the greetings
Old 09-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The system folder is hidden. Go to the folder options on your PC and make sure that you do not hide secured operating system files and that you display hidden files.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Kohinoor91

Ok, thanks, so i've managed that and now i can read pdf and the other formats that pocketbook supports, but still some issues. I have some books with tables, grafics and so on in CHM format. The device opens and manages with CHM format very good, everything is there, it's readable, but after 5 mins of reading it freezes, and needs a reboot. It's very annoying problem, have someone else jumped into it and now how to solve it? Thanks in advance.
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Zetmolm
Guru

You could try to convert these CHMs using Calibre to another format, e.g. epub, and hope you do not loose too much of the complex formatting. Or install Coolreader and try to read the chm with that app.