Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Plucker and Pythons, plural

Some essential software I use with work requires Python 1.5. I can't uninstall it or disable it.

What should I do to install the current version of Python and keep the two separate? Can it be done?

BTW, is this maybe causing the problems with the files I've described in a couple other threads?

Roger Sperberg
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Roger, what OS are using Python with?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
rsperberg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Roger, what OS are using Python with?
Windows XP, SP2
Old 11-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It should be possible to allow for two separately installed versions. Perhaps this link is of some help to you: http://tinyurl.com/b2xss
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
rsperberg
Zealot

You did a better job searching on this than I did (couldn't find ANYthing on it). Anyway, the link you sent me to included this sentence:
Quote:
I keep all of 1.5.2, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 on my system for interoperability testing and it works fine.
I'll use the method he uses too, of renaming the python.exe files python151 and python242 when they're not the one I'm using. The tasks will fall in distinctly different timeframes and types of work so it'll be easy to keep separate.

Thanks muchly.

Roger

Last edited by rsperberg; 11-20-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Advert