Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Original iPad 16GB is $299 at Verizon stores.

Surprised no one has mentioned it. Verizon is blowing out the old ipads. 16GB is $299. 32GB is $399. People were loading up and walking out with 3, 5, 10 when I went to get my one. Man, they must have big families.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by travfar View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned it. Verizon is blowing out the old ipads. 16GB is $299. 32GB is $399. People were loading up and walking out with 3, 5, 10 when I went to get my one. Man, they must have big families.
Big families? More than likely, eBay.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
got one. Couldn't resist at that price. I'll be back over the next couple days to pester the heck out of everyone here.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Were these the Wifi versions or the 3G on contract versions?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Were these the Wifi versions or the 3G on contract versions?
Verizon didn't have any 3G versions for the first iPad-I think they were only selling WiFi models with a MiFi and data plan. Now they have CDMA iPad 2s, of course.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
No 3g, not interested, but that is a good price nonetheless.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just called my verizon store here locally in Oklahoma and no go. Price the same as Apple website they said. Figured as much.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
Just called my verizon store here locally in Oklahoma and no go. Price the same as Apple website they said. Figured as much.
Did you call a Verizon owned store or a privately owned one? The price is only good at Verizon owned stores. The privately ones set their own prices. Use the Verizon.com store locator. Make sure they check the computer and don't do it from memory. The price dropped yesterday and many of the CSRs don't know yet. Better yet, go in and have them ring it up. It is $299 nationwide.

Here's a cheap case for it.

http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-fl...-p-136853.html

Use coupon "tabletflipipad" to take off $10. $7.99 + tax + shipping.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Mrgauth
Addict

I did call and you are right, they discovered themselves at that moment that they were on sale. I was not wanting one for myself, as I only want a 3g, but a friend was able to grab one. So, cool. Pretty good deal.

Now, if someone somewhere would just offer similar sale on the 3g models....
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
The closest VZW store had a ton of these in stock. Had. When I went in to swap out the Wifey's phone, the line was out the door for iPads. I called down the next day and they were all gone. I'm not an Apple fan, by any means, but that deal was rather tempting to take advantage of. Mom's spirit-journey-formation-anniversary is coming up in a couple days, and she'd probably gotten a lot of use out of it.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote