Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Smile Another happy user

Ordered a black PRS-650 plus black cover with light on 18 October 2010
Dispatched on 19 October 2010
Arrived on 2 November 2010

Thank you Borders.com - excellent service
Well done Sony - usual superb quality

Downloaded and installed Calibre 0.6.42 on my PC
Downloaded e-books (ePub format) and added them to Calibre

Connected the PRS-650 to my PC via USB
Linux Ubuntu 10.04 LTS recognized it as a drive automatically
A new icon called READER appeared on the desktop
The e-reader began charging automatically

Ran Calibre which recognized the PRS-650 as Reader
Selected and sent 18 books to the PRS-650
Located the books on the new drive: database > media > books

Disconnected the PRS-650 from my PC
Books transferred all right ... now happily reading

Last edited by boxcorner; 11-02-2010 at 04:26 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
It sounds like you have everything under control boxcorner.
Enjoy your brand new shiny toy.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Downloaded and installed Calibre 0.6.42 on my PC
Downloaded 0.7.26 yesterday
Any special reason for this really old version ?
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
It sounds like you have everything under control boxcorner.
Enjoy your brand new shiny toy.

Mag.
Thanks, that's Plan-A
Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
boxcorner
»(°±°)«

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
What's your OS?

Addendum:
Ah, I see the latest release for Linux is 0.7.26
I downloaded my copy a while ago
Thanks for the heads-up

Last edited by boxcorner; 11-02-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Enjoy!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Jason Green
Jason Green began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
That's the windows version, the other FM uses linux.

I don't use the Sony software or Calibre to transfer books, I just copy and past using explorer.

I mainly use Calibre for converting PDF files to epub.
Jason Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
boxcorner
»(°±°)«

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Green View Post
That's the windows version, the other FM uses linux.

I don't use the Sony software or Calibre to transfer books, I just copy and past using explorer.

I mainly use Calibre for converting PDF files to epub.
I don't remember, but my guess is that I installed Calibre 0.6.42 using the Synaptic Package Manager, as that's still the version listed there. However, I now have version 0.7.26 installed, downloaded from here.

I found Calibre handy for organising the e-books that I downloaded, before I got the e-reader, but yes Copy & Paste works fine, too.

Last edited by boxcorner; 11-03-2010 at 05:25 AM.