Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
ABA Tech Journal mentions Kindle 2

The American Bar Association Tech Journal contains a story mentioning the Kindle 2. I don't believe you can access without being a member, so here is the article (no link):

"Are You Ready for an e-Reader & Paperless Briefcase?
Posted Mar 24, 2009, 03:19 pm CDT
By Molly McDonough

In the media and all the social networks is buzz about the Kindle 2, Amazon.com's popular e-reader and the competition Amazon is facing from Sony and Google.

Most are excited about how easy it is to download multiple books to read on the go. But for lawyers, the big draw may be a paperless briefcase.

Jordan Furlong at Law21 put it this way in his post "The future law book." He writes that "An RSS-enabled legal e-book would update itself. An authoritative Court of Appeal case at the time of publication might later be overruled by a Supreme Court; within days or even hours, the e-book would automatically change to reflect that ... A legal book—be it a casebook, a reporter series, an annotation—would become a constantly self-refreshing authority, truly the latest word in the law."

So tell us, are you ready to bite the bullet and join the e-reader craze? If so, tell us about your experiences. And if not, what’s your hesitation?

Answer in the comments section here."

I will let you know if I see an interesting comment.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think a larger Plastic Logic type reader will be the way to go for businesses that want to use less paper (will anyone ever really go paperless?). Unless legal documents are created with a 6 inch screen in mind, they will be too hard to deal with.

Thanks for sharing that!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think a larger Plastic Logic type reader will be the way to go for businesses that want to use less paper (will anyone ever really go paperless?). Unless legal documents are created with a 6 inch screen in mind, they will be too hard to deal with.

Thanks for sharing that!
I agree. I have files that are 3-feet thick - that would probably fill up the kindle 2 (6"screen) on its own.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have a friend who is a lawyer, and strangely enough he says that law in general is still grounded firmly in paper products, and that moving the firms to the digital age has been strenuous at best. I would love to see everything go digital (especially schools) and I think it will happen, but it's going to take time.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote