Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
r_sauve
r_sauve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Calibre Content Server Searches Page

I am currently running Calibre 1.110 on a Windows XP Pro box. The Calibre Content Server is running as a Windows service and is set to listen in on port 8085.

The content server works well, I can access it locally (lan) and remotely (Internet). I usually use Firefox but I have tested it with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and my android phone.

However, there is one page that will not display and that is the Searches page. When I select Searches (binocular icon) from the Home page I get:

404 Not Found

The path '/browse/matches/search/' was not found.
Powered by CherryPy 3.2.2

I have searched the Internet for a solution but have not come up with anything. So I believe it must be something specific with my configuration or I am overlooking something really obvious.

Any ideas?

Oh, one other thing. Is there a way to hide the library path location on the lower right-hand corner of the Home page?

Cheer,

Robert

Last edited by r_sauve; 11-19-2013 at 01:41 AM.
r_sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will happen if you have no saved searches, although in that case the searches icon should not be present in the top level page at all.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, no, clicking the searches button takes you to

/browse/category/search

not

/browse/matches/search

The latter does not exist, thus the 404
Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
r_sauve

Yes, I see, the url field in my web browser displays: /browse/category/search

while the 404 page error displays: /browse/matches/search/

This looks like the error page does not display the correct path but the browser is point to the right page.

I do not have any saved searches (not sure how to save a search) but the Searches icon does appear in the top level page.

Last edited by r_sauve; 11-19-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I cannot replicate your symptoms. Libraries with no saved searches display no searches icon. And manually going to /browse/category/search in a library with no saved searches display the following 404 page

404 Not Found

category not found
Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
r_sauve

So it sounds like the Searches page is working right.
The issue is with my Home top level page displaying the Searches icon when there is no saved searches. That makes sense.

I will do some more digging into the Searches icon issue.

Thank you for your help, kovidgoyal

Cheers,

Robert
Old 11-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #7
r_sauve

Once I created a saved search in the calibre gui, the content server Searches page worked. My saved search appeared in the Searches page.

I see that there is no way to save a search in the content server. Maybe a good feature request?

I am not sure why the Searches icon appeared in the top level page when there were no saved searches. I will make sure there is at least one saved search available at all times.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #8
hscbsc
hscbsc began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Category not found

Hi,

I am receiving probably a similar 404 not found when I create a category and subcategory following the instruction on -

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

I am able to see the category in calibre library, but not when accessing the library from content server.
hscbsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, searches