Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Reformat Memory

I use Calibre exclusively to transfer and manage my books. I have been getting a lot of messages recently saying it can not read the device and that the memory is corrupted. The Reader functions normally except for being able to communicate with Calibre sometimes.

I try to format the memory using the Reader's function for that in Advanced Settings but I'm not sure it is doing it. After pressing the mark button I get the triangle symbol after a few seconds. That stays until I press the menu button and then the Reader reboots. Afterwards, my books are all still there but my saved positions in the books are not. So, I don't think it is really reformatting.

Can I reformat the memory using Windows? If so, what settings would I use? FAT, FAT32, etc? Would I need to reflash it after that? Anything else I can try besides reformatting?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Would reapplying the latest firmware reformat the drive for me? It appears that I can not reformat the internal memory from the device itself. I'd like to start with a clean slate again to fix whatever internal problem I have.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert