Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
did you limit the call like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib
I've limited it. I also tried to connect with Window Sever 2008 and it worked without typing any others command. It seem there is a problem with window xp or with VM.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sorry mate. I can't get mine to break

perhaps dig around upstream for known bugs?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Does xp even support the rdesktop protocol?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I seem to recall it was an "optional extra" to only the XP-Pro version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #20
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I seem to recall it was an "optional extra" to only the XP-Pro version.
Yeah, I just checked at the local cyber cafe
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
in fact, there is even a hack to make it into a terminal server..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #22
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
But only the XP Pro version....XP home does not.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Xp pro yeah. has mstsc also

Dunno what to say mate. Sorry it doesn't work virtualised.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #24
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
google is your friend and knows all things
"rdesktop xp home"
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can it also help me get my new ISP to move its bacon so I can have a proper Internet connection at my new place? ˆˆ

Because right now, my best setup looks like this (with my N4 serving as a Wi-Fi AP, and only 100MB left on my data plan :/):

*sadface*
Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can it also help me get my new ISP to move its bacon so I can have a proper Internet connection at my new place? ˆˆ

Because right now, my best setup looks like this (with my N4 serving as a Wi-Fi AP, and only 100MB left on my data plan :/):

*sadface*
Swim the channel, visit twobob for the rest of the summer.
He has optic fiber service to his place.

PS: Nice reflection in that screen.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Ha! Speaking of fiber optics, I noticed during the move that it was going to be installed in my old building, of course... -_-".

Yup, crappy Acer A510 screen... Although, to be fair, I'm not sure I ever saw it reflect this much crap in two years . Haunted by a ghost of my face!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #28
Boris27
Boris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud of

Hi!
Is it possible to edit runner.sh for connecting to Windows via usb networking?
Windows 7 x64, RNDIS driver installed, "standart" usbnetwork settings (192.168.15.201 on PC). I can connect to Kindle with WinSCP, but I don't know, how to make connection to PC via usbnetwork using rdesktop.
Boris27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris27 View Post
Hi!
Is it possible to edit runner.sh for connecting to Windows via usb networking?
Windows 7 x64, RNDIS driver installed, "standart" usbnetwork settings (192.168.15.201 on PC). I can connect to Kindle with WinSCP, but I don't know, how to make connection to PC via usbnetwork using rdesktop.
To make the USB networking the 'Default' route requires some networking setup commands on the Kindle.

The Kindle firmware is setup to make the Wifi connection the 'Default' route when it is enabled, it is just that the firmware is incomplete for the USBnetworking case.

I have some notes here, somewhere, on that.
But I haven't (yet) added its write-up to the networking HowTo series of threads I created here.

(Note: I make no claims on doing that write-up.
If someone else is in the mood, just post your version of the directions.)
Old 09-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #30
Boris27
Boris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud ofBoris27 has much to be proud of

knc1, Thank you for explanation!
Boris27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons, rdesktop