Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #136
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
and it opened on the wrong page when I returned to the book.
and THAT's the bit I thought had been fixed.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #137
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For use on the Kobo, you would need to rename the font files as follows:

Century Gothic-Regular.ttf
Century Gothic-Bold.ttf
Century Gothic-BoldItalic.ttf
Century Gothic-Italic.ttf
I renamed the files, but I'll look into it once more.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #138
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekse-Mie View Post
I renamed the files, but I'll look into it once more.
For me, the key points for adding new fonts is to ensure the font file name matches the font name with the style/weight added and that the Kobo has been power cycled after the fonts are copied to the fonts directory -- remembering that the fonts directory name is also case sensitive.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #139
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I'm not sure iff this is a bug, the read percentage appears as 5% read {1%?} is this happening to somebody else? This also happened to me with 2.3.2..
Turns out this problem is a bug that appears if the language is set to Portuguese, I changed it to English and now it is ok, that's why nobody else reported this bug.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #140
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Bug: Wishlist "footer" on home screen says Wishlist is empty. It is not. Tapping this footer opens my wishlist and shows the three books on there.

Reproducible: Yes, it always says empty. Started after a factory reset and sync though – before that it said there was one book in my wishlist (which was correct at the time).

New: I think so. I didn't see this before 2.4.0, but then, I never reset and resynced.

Kepub or epub: Yes.

Workaround: None that I've found.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #141
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Kobo. Where wishes go to die...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #142
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
10 pages in and most of those are just chatter. Could we please keep this to just bug reports... Please and thanks.

Updated the following bug info:

Page 1:
Bug: Kobo not remembering the exact page where you left off reading when put to sleep. On awake, book is 1 or 2 pages back from where you left off.

Bug: Kobo w/ Sleepcover goes to sleep 30 secs after being woken up with sleepcover if screen is not touched within that time.

Page 3:
Bug: Font size changing from readable to smallest setting.

---------

Bug: When turning on the Kobo Glo (not sure if it affects the Touch) and books are kept on an SD Card, the carousel is not populated even if I wait for a couple of minutes. All I get is the Add books screen.

Reproducible: Yes, happens every time I turn on my Glo.

New: Yes, previous firmwares would show this screen but then populate the carousel after reading the card. Does not populate after being turned on now

Kepub or epub: epubs on SD card.

Workaround: Thankfully there is one. Select Library and then any of the options (I usually select books) and then select the HOME icon. Carousel will then populate with appropriate books.

Last edited by Danger; 03-11-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #143
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Bug: Kobo w/ Sleepcover goes to sleep 30 secs after being woken up with sleepcover if screen is not touched within that time.
I don't have a sleepcover and have the same bug, so I don't think it's sleepcover related.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #144
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
I don't have a sleepcover and have the same bug, so I don't think it's sleepcover related.
This happened to me day before yesterday repeatedly, and I have a KT (old model)! The intervals were even shorter, I guess 10 to 15 seconds. This has never happened before, and did not happen since.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #145
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Even if you turn off the sleepcover behaviour in Settings, the bug still occurs when using the power slider. The non-sleep cover portion of the bug was only introduced in 2.4.0.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #146
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Arrrgh - highlighting so so glitchy, slow, and frustrating.

Don't know if that's a "bug" or not.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 03-12-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Re-did the entire post.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #147
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Arrrgh - highlighting so so glitchy, slow, and frustrating.

Don't know if that's a "bug" or not.
Already in the thread. This is one of my 'standard' bugs that I check out each release. It's gotten better, but still not working right.

Had a lot of trouble the other day moving the selection on the last line of a page.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #148
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Already in the thread. This is one of my 'standard' bugs that I check out each release. It's gotten better, but still not working right.

Had a lot of trouble the other day moving the selection on the last line of a page.
It seems worse for me now. Also...it can take up to eight times to get a highlight right - and that's after touching "highlight" after doing the toggle.

Sorry about bringing it up again; I didn't see it in Danger's post #142, which I had understood to be a summary of bugs reported so far. Ah, well.

ETA at 8:15 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time:. I have a new record to report...twelve attempts and counting for my latest highlight. On my Kindle I could've totally completed this book, taking highlights and all, in half the time that's it's taken me to get this far (70%) through it on the Kobo Glo. Annotations not working, either.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 03-13-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: further frustration.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #149
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post

Back to reading with you!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #150
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Back to reading with you!
But I just got back from Pennsylvania!