Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
darex2
darex2 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350 (and PRS-505; for sale)
TPU Skin for 350

Anyone heard of such a beast being available yet?

I can't believe there still isn't a nice silicone skin for the 350.

It's begging for one, and it'd be so easy to design, given how touch-centric the thing is.

I don't even care what color it is!! I just need something.
darex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I've used TPU skins for my cell phones but have never seen one for the Sony Readers. All the skin will really do is protect the outer casing from scratches but do nothing for the screen, which is the most sensitive and expensive part of the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
amujee
Connoisseur
amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage (soon, I hope)
So it's been 3 months since this thread started and I see there are TPU cases available from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/120682527551
http://cgi.ebay.com/400194026076
http://cgi.ebay.com/400194029852

Anyone have experience with these cases?

I think it'd be nice if there was a case of this type with an attached thin fold-back lid to protect front.

Last edited by amujee; 02-11-2011 at 12:19 PM.
amujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
myzr
myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by amujee View Post
I think it'd be nice if there was a case of this type with an attached thin fold-back lid to protect front.
completely agree...

Here's an idea for a product if someone wants it -- a thin sheet of plastic/aluminum that only covers the front and fits into the 2 holes on the side of the reader. That way it can fold back out of the way while reading. and the TPU/silicone protects the rest of the reader.
myzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzr View Post
completely agree...

Here's an idea for a product if someone wants it -- a thin sheet of plastic/aluminum that only covers the front and fits into the 2 holes on the side of the reader. That way it can fold back out of the way while reading. and the TPU/silicone protects the rest of the reader.
I'm looking for something exactly like that. The official cover is nice, but even the one without the light makes the reader bulkier. The reader alone is really thin and light, but I don't trust using it without the cover as it's fragile, a skin with a protection for the the screen when it's in my pocket for example would be just perfect, of course the whole should be very light. I wonder why no one has made something like that yet, the cover for the screen could also be just attached to the skin, that may be even easier to do.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert