Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
glennbb
glennbb began at the beginning.

Device: Pico
New device for Calibre: Pico life

I have just started trying out Calibre and thought I'd send the debug info for my device. I have a Pico life e-reader which mounts itself as USB drives on windows.

It's built in memory is 2GB

E-book formats: epub, pdf, txt, fb2

On the Calibre status bar it seems to detect as "Aluratek Color"

The only thing so far is that it doesn't show any of the books already on the device. I click on the Device or Card A buttons but no books show up. I know it is looking at the correct drives as the right amount of free space shows up for both.

Thanks for a great app.

Glenn
Attached Files
File Type: txt pico - connected.txt (1.8 KB, 509 views)
File Type: txt pico - not connected.txt (1.4 KB, 277 views)
glennbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
According to that debug output your device is being detected as an Aluratek, which is what it is identifying itself as
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
glennbb
glennbb began at the beginning.

Device: Pico
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
According to that debug output your device is being detected as an Aluratek, which is what it is identifying itself as
Correct. Although neither device, Aluratek or Pico, have a profile that can be selected. I assume this may be the reason that Calibre doesn't pick up any of the books already on the device.
glennbb is offline   Reply With Quote