Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Irish_Rover
Irish_Rover began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mobi format books fail to load.

I recently downloaded a couple of mobi files from the net, added them to Calibre and loaded them on to my Kindle 3.3. They appear on my Kindle but when I attempt to open them I am referred back to Amazon and they fail to open. The same two files will open on my wife's Kindle 3.3 without any problem. This is a new experience for me and I've never encountered any problem before. I have also converted them to AZW3 format bit this makes no difference.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?
Irish_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Rover View Post
I recently downloaded a couple of mobi files from the net, added them to Calibre and loaded them on to my Kindle 3.3. They appear on my Kindle but when I attempt to open them I am referred back to Amazon and they fail to open. The same two files will open on my wife's Kindle 3.3 without any problem. This is a new experience for me and I've never encountered any problem before. I have also converted them to AZW3 format bit this makes no difference.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?
I suspect the K3's are at differing Firmware levels.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Irish_Rover

How do I check and, if they are, where do i get the upgrade and how do i actually update them? Sorry if this has been asked before but am new to this game!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Rover View Post
How do I check and, if they are, where do i get the upgrade and how do i actually update them? Sorry if this has been asked before but am new to this game!
Log into you Kindle account. that should tell you where to check and how to update (if you need to)

This is not a Calibre question
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #5
Irish_Rover

Thanks for the information. I don't normally display my total ignorance in public! Perhaps I'll know better next time.
Advert
Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Kindle Keyboard software updates here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700

Only the latest update (3.4) gave the ability to read the azw3 format, IIRC.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
Irish_Rover

Many thanks for this info eschwartz. Will make sure both our kindles are up to date.