Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
stosss
Member Retired
stosss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Importing multiple files

Can more than one html file be imported at a time? I could not find an answer to this.
stosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
stosss
Member Retired

Sigil is a nice app but it would be a lot nicer if it could handle adding and removing multiple files at a time. It would also be nice not to have to click three times every time I want to delete. Just let us turn the delete confirmation off.

Sigil is painfully limited in text editing. I use Vim to create my files and then import them to create the TOC and clean up the layout and look.

Looking forward to the improvements that will come.
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stosss View Post
Sigil is a nice app but it would be a lot nicer if it could handle adding and removing multiple files at a time.
You can both add and delete multiple files at a time.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-15-2012 at 08:20 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
stosss
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You can both add and delete multiple files at a time.
How! I found no way to do it. What is the point of your response if you aren't going to say how?
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, to delete you just highlight the files then press the delete key. are you running an old version?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You can also highlight things in the usual way using the control key or shift key and right click to perform various actions, including deleting.

There are many improvements in the current edition, so it is worth upgrading.

Sigil controls many actions via right clicking, so whatever you are trying to do, right click and see what is available.

You can right click on a file in the book browser and shell out to another program such as a graphics or text editor, save it there and return to Sigil. This is very useful for a picture that is too big or needs adjustment somehow.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stosss View Post
How! I found no way to do it. What is the point of your response if you aren't going to say how?
Sorry. I thought it was fairly self-explanatory. Add Existing Files (either through the menu or right-clicking in the Book Browser) and then use whatever method your OS uses for selecting multiple files in a dialog (ctrl/shift key for Windows). Basically the same methods used for multiple file selection in every app for your particular OS.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
And notice the words 'Existing Files', plural. Before yapping and complaining, please try some things yourself first. Also, please be polite.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You can also highlight things in the usual way using the control key or shift key and right click to perform various actions, including deleting.

There are many improvements in the current edition, so it is worth upgrading.

Sigil controls many actions via right clicking, so whatever you are trying to do, right click and see what is available.

You can right click on a file in the book browser and shell out to another program such as a graphics or text editor, save it there and return to Sigil. This is very useful for a picture that is too big or needs adjustment somehow.
I find it odd that all these folk (the OP being just one of thousands), being in the age of the personal computer, that never learned basic Operating System operation.
I just checked. W7 still has a Basic operation tutorial under Help (Some really early versions of Windows, it was just on the Accessories menu). The Ubuntu interface is close to that of windows, so very little difference in the basic usage of the interface (What seems to bee gone is the Windows Apply. Changes made are just made )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
stosss
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I find it odd that all these folk (the OP being just one of thousands), being in the age of the personal computer, that never learned basic Operating System operation.
I just checked. W7 still has a Basic operation tutorial under Help (Some really early versions of Windows, it was just on the Accessories menu). The Ubuntu interface is close to that of windows, so very little difference in the basic usage of the interface (What seems to bee gone is the Windows Apply. Changes made are just made )
You know the rules of this forum say not to be rude or insult others yet most of you did just that.

You all assumed I am an idiot and don't know what I am doing. I tried all the usual standard ways of adding and deleting. Using shift and control.

Not once did any of you assume that maybe the app I am using might have a problem. I am not stupid and I don't use Windows. I also don't ask questions until I have run out of ways to figure it out myself. This forum is worst than most Linux forums I have been on.

Admin so much for your stupid rules! Your users are just down right mean. Like a school yard!

Goodbye!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I said I was sorry.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
He came here with a chip on his shoulder and the ways of using Sigil are pretty similar across the board, I assume, since it is cross platform. He did not respond with version number or anything, so heaven only knows where he got it...probably some junk repository for one Linux version and is using it on another most likely.

The Linux folks here are very helpful when not insulted immediately right out of the box, like this person did. They would have guided him through building a version for his computer.

I can't say I lament his departure.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote