Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
rmeredith2
rmeredith2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1ed, Nook Tabet
Nook Tablet info for Calibre

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Here are the device info parameters for the Nook Tablet:

USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x2080
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x0004
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x0216
Windows main memory vendor string: B
Windows main memory ID string: NOOK_TABLET
Windows card A vendor string: B
Windows card A ID string: NOOK_TABLET

Sideloaded files appear to go into the following folders on the internal memory and also on the SD card:

\My Files\Books
\My Files\Magazines
\My Files\Newspapers
\My Files\Documents
\My Files\Music
\My Files\Pictures
\My Files\Videos
\My Files\NOOK Kids Recordings
\My Files\.thumbnails
\My Files\Wallpapers
\My Files\.thumbnails\.thumbdata4--17004662
\My Files\.thumbnails\.thumbdata4--1328611693

Internal memory for sideloading is only 1 GB, as per specs on B&N website.

Thanks
Rich
rmeredith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Driver for the nook tablet will be in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
BrentB
Connoisseur
BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for 8.27 so quickly! Does it support the Metadata Plugboard to add series information for the Nook Tablet? I don't see the device, or can we use Nook Color in the dropdown box to make series data show up in the library view?
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It uses the same driver as the nook color
Old 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
BrentB
Connoisseur
BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It uses the same driver as the nook color
So can I keep both the Nook and the Nook Color plugboards and then it will choose the right one?

Is the text just the same? i.e. {series:|| -} {series_index:0>2s|| - }{title} works for both?
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Any plugbard you set for the nook color will work the same way for the tablet, as far as calibre is concerned the two devices are identical.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeredith2 View Post
Sideloaded files appear to go into the following folders on the internal memory and also on the SD card:

\My Files\Books
\My Files\Magazines
\My Files\Newspapers
\My Files\Documents
\My Files\Music
\My Files\Pictures
\My Files\Videos
\My Files\NOOK Kids Recordings
\My Files\.thumbnails
\My Files\Wallpapers
\My Files\.thumbnails\.thumbdata4--17004662
\My Files\.thumbnails\.thumbdata4--1328611693
This is EXACTLY the information I have been looking for since I got my NT a few days ago, and have been delaying setting up my SD files (which will hold the majority of my content). I was surprised the file path isn't noted in many more places...we have to know this if the NT is going to find the data. I did see some forums make note of "My Documents/" which was a little confusing. "My Files" makes more sense (yes, I realize that was the standard in the pre-Win 7 world).
This was going to be THE day I just went for it, but I decided to search one more time and just found your post.
Thank you!
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote