Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Red face Victory Cove - Romantic Suspense

Hi all! I've been quiet because I was busy trying to release Victory Cove in time for Christmas...and ta-dahhh! It's out!.

This romantic suspense novel is set in the Maine coastal town that hosted my novel, WIDOW'S TALE. Don't worry though, it is an independent story...you don't have to read WIDOW'S TALE to read this. I've implemented a start-up coupon which is good for 1 month from today at .99 RW83M If you like romance or romantic suspense, please stop by and take a peek!

Victory Cove - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274

Megan Summers thought that she was safe in the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. For a year she hid in seclusion, preparing for the battle ahead by building her own target range and practicing adaptability in the darkened halls of Wakefield House. But, today a stranger appeared on her doorstep. Was he it? Was he her executioner?

For Jake Grogan, his trek to Victory Cove started with a cryptic letter from a woman who after thirty-five years of silence identified herself as his mother. He was told to locate Wakefield House, the home of his grandmother. Jake found the sinister residence on the outermost crag of the ocean, but the woman who answered the door was not elderly. She was young, attractive, and looked like she would do about anything to get him off her doorstep.

Jake Grogan came to Victory Cove to discover his past. Megan Summers came to Victory Cove to escape hers. Inside Wakefield House their lives collide, and on the edge where land and sea meet, they wage a battle and struggle to survive the night.

Last edited by MaMiller; 12-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks, Maureen...

I read a few pages of the book, and literally had to force myself to stop, so I could buy the book...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
, Maureen

I'm buying books for my mom's Reader and added this to your other two I put on hers.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
, Maureen

I'm buying books for my mom's Reader and added this to your other two I put on hers.
Your Mum will be pleased!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lene, your words bring tears to my eyes! Thank you!!
Dreams, I hope so much you and your Mom enjoy.

Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
MaMiller
Author

Here is a little piece of Victory Cove to give you some of the ambiance...

Megan heard the anxious murmur of ice and snow, like a thousand voices whispering about her, berating her, cajoling her. Amidst their dissonance, one voice broke through.
“Margaret.”
Megan’s body jerked and the radio fell to the ground. It wasn’t the storm that called her name. She spun around and instinctively crouched, prepared to attack, but she did not have her trusty Glock. She had nothing but her bare hands and a flashlight.
Megan whirled and saw his outline. Night swelled into the menacing form of a man. There were no distinct features, only a shadow—a frightening profile that looked as if the storm had taken its vivacity and breathed life into this very monster.
The man spoke in a somber cadence that masked the scream of the gale. “I’ve been looking for you.”
All her preparation for this moment was whisked away by the wind. Even now, Megan felt the tug of that strong coastal current drawing her towards the cliff’s edge with a pull of deadly proportions. Her cry was one of denial, or perhaps madness.

Victory Cove - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274
Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
MaMiller
Author

Hello all. I have a 'trailer' for VICTORY COVE that I wanted to share with you. Unless you have bionic eyes, you might want to full-screen this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Cove-1.../dp/1449946135
Old 12-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
MaMiller
Author

Hi all, I thought it might be time for another snippet from VICTORY COVE. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa stuck a copy of VICTORY COVE in all your stockings!!! http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274

The somber glow of a nightlight was enough to reveal Megan in the throes of a nightmare. Blankets twisted between legs that jerked and arms that pumped, as even in slumber she tried to flee. Her head tossed from side to side in silent denial until another moan of terror surfaced on her lips. Afraid to touch her and become a physical part of her tormented dream, instead Jake reached Megan’s bedside and gently spoke her name.
When there was no response, he tried with more urgency. “Megan.”
She writhed and swatted at an unseen force, but did not react.
“Megan.” Jake touched her.
The move was nimble and wholly unexpected. Jake didn’t know what had happened until he found himself staring down the thin barrel of a 9mm. White fingers wrapped around the handle and held the weapon with unerring precision at his chest.
“Whoa!” His body jerked back. “Easy now, it’s just me.”
It seemed as if that declaration did nothing to ease the wild torture in Megan’s eyes.
“Look,” Oddly intrigued by this unforeseen attack, yet still concerned for his safety, Jake took a deep breath. “If you’re trying to keep me out of your bed,” he inched back a step, "it's working.”

....also, I realized I had the incorrect link to the trailer above. I apologize...here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LapbpmlOKF4
Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
MaMiller
Author

Good morning all! It's time for another little snippet from Victory Cove...

Jake wrenched the vehicle into park. He didn’t take the time to kick the mud off the bottom of his boots as he climbed onto the porch. Two loud raps on the door and an urgent “Megan” produced no results.

He yanked the screen open and tried the brass handle, but it was locked. He pounded the mottled wood, and was nearly tempted to kick it in when a shadow passed by the single pane of glass. The handle clicked beneath his touch and on the screech of a hinge, the front door swung open.

The ghost of Wakefield House greeted him with ocean blue eyes that could make a man believe in an afterlife.

Neither spoke. The exchange was much more vivid without words to divest it. Megan stood at the door, much like the first time he saw her. An oversized sweater made her appear vulnerable, while her fingers clutched the doorframe with a tenacity that pained him. Although, this time her free hand was wrapped around the barrel of an automatic weapon.

Jake only briefly acknowledged these details before he returned to her eyes. They shined with recently shed tears and in these misty layers he felt he could see directly into Megan’s soul.

For the longest time, they simply stood there, locked in place by the power of this silent exchange. This look they shared said, “Put your cards on the table. Now, are you going to fold, or are you going to up the ante?”

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274
Old 02-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
MaMiller
Author

For those of you who have read WIDOW'S TALE, VICTORY COVE is set in the same Maine village, and though it is an entirely unique tale of romance and suspense, you will still see some of the eccentric characters you ran into in WIDOW'S TALE. After all, O'Flanagans is still there, and true patrons of a pub keep going back for another round no matter how many books you write!

VICTORY COVE http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274
Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
MaMiller
Author

I haven't posted a snippet in a long time. I know you're all terribly disappointed! hahaha So, today I'm subjecting you to one. It's kind of like "take your medicine...it's good for you!"

Alright, maybe the observation had been in poor taste, but this woman was still an enigma. Hell, her name had been a mystery up until a few hours ago. The bottom line was that Megan could be a very viable suspect if she ever came forward, or at least Gordon could portray a credible case with his skill. Jake didn’t consider Megan guilty of anything more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he was concerned with putting the cards on the table—seeing what was stacked up against her.

These thoughts roiling through his head, Jake broke from them to take note of Megan’s reaction. The blood had drained from her face, leaving a wan complexion that made her look like a Goth member of a casting call for a vampire movie. Pale lips opened and closed as she searched for words, but only a strangled moan escaped. Round eyes watched him with unabashed horror, and Jake groaned too. He realized the damage he had done, and before he could clarify his statement, Megan whispered in a clipped tone.

“You think I did it?”

He ripped a hand over his face. “No, I don’t think you did it.” When his hand dropped, those solemn eyes still followed him.

Jake’s voice gentled. “But these are the suspicions you are up against. If everything you say about this Fortran guy is true, he will manipulate the system and you will lose.”

A small flame ignited in Megan’s gaze. “He’s not concerned with manipulating the system. He just wants me dead.”

The two front legs of Jake’s chair thumped back to the ground. The finality of her statement chilled him as he swallowed down the effect and tried to be subjective. “How do you know that? What has he said to you on the phone?”

Under the fruity tiffany lamp, shiny sable hair dusted across tense shoulders as she angled her head towards the phone. Jake’s eyes were riveted by the sleek curve of her neck. So fragile. So beautiful. If anyone tried to touch it. If any man tried to harm her—

“He tells me he’s coming.” Her voice was eerily detached. “He doesn’t have to say any more. We both know why.”

For one minute, no not even a minute, more like a labored heartbeat, the brief flash of time it took for a lucid thought to congeal—Jake considered leaving. This was not his life. It was not his battle to fight.

Alright, maybe the observation had been in poor taste, but this woman was still an enigma. Hell, her name had been a mystery up until a few hours ago. The bottom line was that Megan could be a very viable suspect if she ever came forward, or at least Gordon could portray a credible case with his skill. Jake didn’t consider Megan guilty of anything more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he was concerned with putting the cards on the table—seeing what was stacked up against her.

These thoughts roiling through his head, Jake broke from them to take note of Megan’s reaction. The blood had drained from her face, leaving a wan complexion that made her look like a Goth member of a casting call for a vampire movie. Pale lips opened and closed as she searched for words, but only a strangled moan escaped. Round eyes watched him with unabashed horror, and Jake groaned too. He realized the damage he had done, and before he could clarify his statement, Megan whispered in a clipped tone.

“You think I did it?”

He ripped a hand over his face. “No, I don’t think you did it.” When his hand dropped, those solemn eyes still followed him.

Jake’s voice gentled. “But these are the suspicions you are up against. If everything you say about this Fortran guy is true, he will manipulate the system and you will lose.”

A small flame ignited in Megan’s gaze. “He’s not concerned with manipulating the system. He just wants me dead.”

The two front legs of Jake’s chair thumped back to the ground. The finality of her statement chilled him as he swallowed down the effect and tried to be subjective. “How do you know that? What has he said to you on the phone?”

Under the fruity tiffany lamp, shiny sable hair dusted across tense shoulders as she angled her head towards the phone. Jake’s eyes were riveted by the sleek curve of her neck. So fragile. So beautiful. If anyone tried to touch it. If any man tried to harm her—

“He tells me he’s coming.” Her voice was eerily detached. “He doesn’t have to say any more. We both know why.”

For one minute, no not even a minute, more like a labored heartbeat, the brief flash of time it took for a lucid thought to congeal—Jake considered leaving. This was not his life. It was not his battle to fight.

VICTORY COVE - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274
Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard

Finally got to it... Enjoying it so far...
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
MaMiller
Author

Thank you, Lene!

I haven't posted any snippets in awhile (yes, I hear the world's collective groan ), so here we go....

The first thing she saw was the body.

It was kind of hard not to. She was pushing on the door, which nudged the inert figure. She supposed she gasped. The blood was just now starting to expand across what was once someone’s copious belly. The puffy face and shaggy blonde-gray hair were unrecognizable. Not due to the gunshot—she just didn’t know this man.

Margaret looked up.

“Margaret?”

Gordon Fortran watched her with shrewd black eyes. Eyes, that for a moment, were hypnotic enough to wrench her gaze away from the gun in his hand. The puff she had identified earlier was the silencer affixed to the silver barrel—the same silencer that was now leveled on her chest.

Margaret bleated a sound that was a mix of confusion and terror as she took an awkward step of retreat.

“Margaret,” he repeated more forcefully. “Don’t get carried away. Stay put and let me explain this to you.”

Maybe there was a logical explanation for the dead man on the floor. Maybe Gordon had every right to shoot the man. After all, the partner in one of Boston’s most distinguished law firms certainly had enemies. Yes, maybe she should have stayed and listened to his take on this event.

But if it was all so innocent, why was that gun still aimed at her chest?

With one last look into the icy black eyes of her boss, Margaret turned and ran. She picked the perfect time to exhibit agility in her high heels as she slammed her palm on the elevator button and suffered a thousand coronaries waiting for the doors to close.

Someone sneezed.

Margaret stared in horrified fascination at the smoke whirling out of a hole in the elevator wall.

My God, he had shot at her!

The elevator doors slammed shut. Powerless, she slid down into the corner and prayed that no one would be there when they opened again.

VICTORY COVE - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7274
Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
MaMiller
Author

In celebration of EBbook week, VICTORY COVE is on sale for $1.49 with this coupon RAE25

Old 03-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #15
MaMiller
Author

I'm a woman. I can't resist a bargain

There is one more day left in Smashwords Ebook week sale!
VICTORY COVE only $1.49 with this coupon RAE25