Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Moving ADE from 32-bit Windows to 64-bit Windows

I am running 32-bit Windows on my desktop computer. If I was to move to 64-bit Windows, would I be able to keep the registration I have for ADE just by moving the ADE registry entries from the 32-bit Windows to the 64-bit Windows?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Not sure. But to be honest, I've re-installed digital edition a lot, and never bumped on the "too many activation" limit.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
The question may be, can you move an existing "anonymous installation" from one computer to another. I'm interested in this question as well. I have an ageing netbook that I use only for Digital Editions and as a "juke box" to play flac files through a high quality d/a. I would like to replace this without losing all my current books. Actually, I won't lose anything since I disinfect everything that arrives through digital editions.

And yes I know that I can register up to six devices if I want to hand over personal information. I do not want to do so. Adobe is an American company, therefore I have absolutely no right, let alone, expectation of privacy. For all I know, I can have some anonymous characters show up on my doorstep for a game of extraordinary rendition because someone in homeland security didn't like my reading list. Unlikely perhaps but as far as the US goes it would be perfectly legal regardless of where I might be on the globe.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
The question may be, can you move an existing "anonymous installation" from one computer to another. I'm interested in this question as well. I have an ageing netbook that I use only for Digital Editions and as a "juke box" to play flac files through a high quality d/a. I would like to replace this without losing all my current books. Actually, I won't lose anything since I disinfect everything that arrives through digital editions.

And yes I know that I can register up to six devices if I want to hand over personal information. I do not want to do so. Adobe is an American company, therefore I have absolutely no right, let alone, expectation of privacy. For all I know, I can have some anonymous characters show up on my doorstep for a game of extraordinary rendition because someone in homeland security didn't like my reading list. Unlikely perhaps but as far as the US goes it would be perfectly legal regardless of where I might be on the globe.
How can you register anonymously?
I just make up a name and use that for most of these things, but it does not sound like that's what you do.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
@Xendula:
You don't have to register an ADE installation at all. But the books you download through that installation won't open on another PC/reader/whatever.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ Wow, I would have never known, since Adobe is asking for your email with every new install.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post

I didn't though about not authorized installations. The one time i downloaded book that way, i regretted it.
You're being paranoid. Nobody cares about your reading list.
Even if you where involved in suspicious activities, it's not what would be looked after.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I did that exact thing when I moved from 32 bit Xp to 64 bit Windows 7 on a new PC. All I did was copy the books on the old computer to an external HD then on the new PC installed Adobe DE and registered with my existing account details. When I copied the backed-up books back to the My Digital Editions folder Adobe DE resynced them and it was as I had never moved them.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote