Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
Andrewzy
Andrewzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Only given option to download PDFs

Apologies if this is the wrong section, but it seemed the closest to my query.

I've only recently discovered Calibre and am using it to download news sites and send them as .mobi files to my Kindle. Works brilliantly, as you'll already know!

However, when I search for books and try to download them I'm only given PDF as an available format even if other formats are listed on the book's record.

I expect I'm doing something basic wrong but I'd be very grateful for any help with this.

Andrew

Last edited by Andrewzy; 12-22-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Andrewzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewzy View Post
However, when I search for books and try to download them I'm only given PDF as an available format
Search for and download from where?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Andrewzy
Andrewzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for getting back to me. I was having problems with archive.org and Project Gutenberg. However, I tried to replicate the problem just now so that I could take some screen shots and the other formats (not just PDF) were visible. I'm pretty sure they weren't the first time I tried, even though I was selecting publications which were available in more than one format but the most likely explanation is that I was doing something wrong.

So, thanks again. Calibre is absolutely outstanding, isn't it? I've used it to send a number of newspapers to my Kindle and it works like a dream. I will definitely donate!
Andrewzy is offline   Reply With Quote